• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain trip worked out well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Beats the Govt tho, no?
    It's still not a high bar.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Until the government decided to withdraw the air bridge. Nice one.....
      Wouldn't have been a problem if idiots hadn't gone to Spain would it... Dumb ass
      Yes I was there at the time - some very stupid people.
      FTFY but I think this one is called karma
      Its all a complete mess. My client, as expected, is being pretty useless.
      I thought you said client was pretty good in the past but anyway, you say client is usless, you've called agents useless, brollies useless, in fact every single organisation you've ever had to have dealings with.... you think you aren't looking close enough to home for the real problem?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

He'll soon call JobCenter+ useless...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          He'll soon call JobCenter+ useless...
          And the Food Bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            And the Sperm Bank.
            FTFPC

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Wouldn't have been a problem if idiots hadn't gone to Spain would it... Dumb ass
              If Spain was said to be safe to travel to and from by the UK Government, then it can hardly be a surprise that people then travelled there from the UK. No comment was made from the UK Government to travel agencies, there was no criticising of the selling of holidays. It may seem illogical to travel, but people are to trust what is and isn't allowed and travelling to Spain was allowed.

It should have been essential travel only, but for once Psychocandy isn't entirely to blame for this. The UK Government are incompetent and not fit for purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                The UK Government are incompetent and not fit for purpose.
                And 40k+ dead from Covid in the last few months did not make it clear enough to everybody just yet?

It's not like UK was the only hit country and Spain was among all other countries who never had a single instance.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Given the volume of the advice you give, then it's going to be good advice every now and then.

A million squirrels with typewriters? I'm expecting the complete works of Ron Jeremy.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I went on holiday to Italy. Just got back yesterday. It was great. Not nearly as busy as normal. They all seemed quite appreciative for the business.

More people were wearing masks there then here but social distancing was completely non existent except for on the trains.

We originally were planning to go to Spain but noticed their cases were going up so decided to go to Italy instead since they've got it under control there.

Comment

They may have had it under control (like Spain) before allowing tourists from countries where it wasn’t

Comment

Working...
                      X