• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain trip worked out well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to Spain in a few weeks to visit family.

Renting accommodation. My insurance is invalid so I’m having to go with another insurer, and my return flight was cancelled, so I booked an alternative.

I live in greater manchester and the young people and most of the local communities couldn’t give a tulip about social distancing. So screw this, I’ll rather take my chances over there :

Oh.. my contract.. WFH till end of the year so quarantine not an issue.
    Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 5 August 2020, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      So, no change from usual then. Have you considered showering maybe once a week - or oftener?

Projecting again? You can pick up the soap in you shower at home!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Police reinforcements were called out to Malaga Airport last night to control a group of Essex ‘yobs’ who had refused to wear their masks on a flight from the UK.

The Spanish police didn’t waste any time and dashed straight to the arrivals hall where a large group of youths were already ‘mouthing off’ at officials who were demanding they put on their masks.

One of the youths could be heard stupidly trying to talk Spanish to the officer, : “Me no have mask mate, me English, tourist- we all bring mucho dosho toSpain- where is nearest bar-o?”

Cabin crew from the flight the yobs had landed on were seen giving statements to the police. “It is a very serious offence and heavy fines or even prison could be handed out” said the girl, who did not wish to be named for fear of reprisals.”We all knew they would be trouble when they boarded the flight. We informed the captain but we were too close to landing to divert back to the UK. The other passengers, mainly older people, didn’t want any trouble with boozed-up yobs and just sat there and played with their phones or pretended to be asleep.”

After a stern warning, in perfect English, the youths were led away to a waiting police van, not so mouthy now after they realised you do not mess with the Spanish police. They will be put in front of a judge in the morning to find out their fate. If they are lucky they will come away with a fine, if not, their holiday is over.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My Spain trip was great. The 14 day quarantine isn't an issue as I'm 100% WFH anyway and pretty much everything I need can be delivered.

Very different experiences at Heathrow compared to Seville. The Spaniards are taking this virus malarkey much more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            My Spain trip was great. The 14 day quarantine isn't an issue as I'm 100% WFH anyway and pretty much everything I need can be delivered.

Very different experiences at Heathrow compared to Seville. The Spaniards are taking this virus malarkey much more seriously.
            Seville in August? You're brave - at the end of last Sept it was 40C
            Still my favourite Spanish city though.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Seville in August? You're brave - at the end of last Sept it was 40C
              Still my favourite Spanish city though.
              Yep, August is definitely not the most sensible time to visit

We went to Cadiz first for a few days then up to Seville.

Already thinking of a return (it was my first visit, both have been on my to-do list for ages) that will include Jerez and Sanlucar too. I think April/May would be perfect, and that apparently coincides with the main tuna catch in Cadiz.

Comment

Yep, any time during one in hundred years deadly pandemic is definitely not the most sensible time to visit
                FTFY

Don't you dare to go on holiday ever again - I am getting a lot less likes on CUK because of it

Comment

Yep, August is definitely not the most sensible time to visit

We went to Cadiz first for a few days then up to Seville.

Already thinking of a return (it was my first visit, both have been on my to-do list for ages) that will include Jerez and Sanlucar too. I think April/May would be perfect, and that apparently coincides with the main tuna catch in Cadiz.
                  April/May is lovely there. August as you have seen is less so. Last time I made that mistake I was driving a Leyland mini and the seal around the windscreen started to dip off in the heat .

Next time save a day to visit the Mezquita in Cordoba. The contrast between Islamic and Christian architecture in that building is astonishing.
                  England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    FTFY

Don't you dare to go on holiday ever again - I am getting a lot fewer likes on CUK because of it
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X