• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain trip worked out well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spain trip worked out well

Until the government decided to withdraw the air bridge. Nice one.....
    Yes I was there at the time - some very unhappy people.

Although see my other post about exemptions.....

Its all a complete mess. My client, as expected, is being pretty useless. Like I lot of clients I guess, they struggle to realise that contractors aren't employees of theirs at all and any decision regarding eligibility needs to come from an "employer".

Would be easy for those of you via limited company because you're the employer. In my case, the umbrella company bottled it and just phoned my client who was not happy.

Flew back into Birmingham last night - number of people on the plane hadnt done the form online. No internet, no smartphone etc and were told the forms could be completed on arrival. Ummm nope. No-one around to take the forms and border control passport people were denying it was their responsibility. So people just walked through, got their bags and went home. A very well working system here - NOT.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Fook off from Birmingham!

No wonder local infection rates doubled in recent weeks

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      ... My client, as expected, is being pretty useless...
      Ah, so that's why they took you. Good fit and all that.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Fook off from Birmingham!

No wonder local infection rates doubled in recent weeks
        You do realise that a few weeks ago the government listed spain as one of their quarantine free countries, dont you? And FCo advice was changed accordingly....

OK its changed back now... Im hardly going to affect the population of birmingham by visiting an island with no cases.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

And you do realise that I’ve personally given you much better advice 2 weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            And you do realise that I’ve personally given you much better advice 2 weeks ago?
            Given the volume of the advice you give, then it's going to be good advice every now and then.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

PC, the eternal chuckle brother of CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Given the volume of the advice you give, then it's going to be good advice every now and then.
                Beats the Govt tho, no?

Comment

Ooh Suity.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    You do realise that a few weeks ago the government listed spain as one of their quarantine free countries, dont you? And FCo advice was changed accordingly....

OK its changed back now... Im hardly going to affect the population of birmingham by visiting an island with no cases.
                    You should have been aware like most people on here this government is a shower of tulip and shouldn't be believed.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X