Evgeny Lebedev: Son of KGB agent handed a seat in the Lords Evgeny Lebedev: Son of KGB agent handed a seat in the Lords - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 20 of 20

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Again he's simply guilty by association? I'm struggling to dig up much dirt on him.
    What did he do to become a Lord, at his young age?

He is running two money losing publications - it’s not like he even founded then, just funded (with what money - where did he get tens of millions needed?).

We can speculate what he got it for really, but he certainly did not do anything public worthy to deserve it, not even “for services to retail industry” like it used to be justified.

Would he pass security clearance even? It’s bonkers - now he can actually join the Govt, perhaps run newly formed portfolio: The Official Representative of the Russian Empire
    Last edited by AtW; 1st August 2020 at 17:02.

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    And with all those crooks, cronies and spies.... nothing for that twat Farage......
    That amuses me.
    1. It’s not too late for him
    2. He makes more money by being outside, for now

Godlike

DoctorStrangelove is always on top

The Establishment has long been infested with useful idiots.

Quite a lot of Stalin's Englishmen ended up in Moscow.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The Establishment has long been infested with useful idiots.
    It still is, but it's surely the first time when they elevate publicly so highly somebody like Lebedev

Godlike

DoctorStrangelove is always on top

Yes, that is a novelty.

Exactly what one might expect of Bozo and his chums.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Fingers like lightning

elsergiovolador is a permanent contractor

Guardian didn't seem to be supportive of the Tories, but they didn't write anything against IR35 or some questionable connections.

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    And with all those crooks, cronies and spies.... nothing for that twat Farage......
    That amuses me.
    Maybe a bottle of after shave tainted with nerve agent
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

我们不是病毒

AtW is always on top

Evening Standard to sack half its journalists

I guess he got his peerage so might as well try to cut ongoing costs of buying it

“ It comes days after the newspaper's owner Evgeny Lebedev was awarded a peerage by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

The Standard last month named David Cameron's sister in law Emily Sheffield as its new editor, replacing former Chancellor George Osborne who has moved to a hands-off role as editor-in-chief. Ms Sheffield is an experienced journalist who was previously deputy editor of Vogue.”
    Last edited by AtW; 7th August 2020 at 20:50.

Godlike

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    And Bojo has given seats in the Lords to a host of Brexit fanatics and brainless idiots.
    What's it to do with you, aren't you a foreigner?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    And Bojo has given seats in the Lords to a host of Brexit fanatics and brainless idiots.
    Like his brother who has basically done **** all for the country, the aforementioned son of a KGB colonel who invites Johnson to his Tuscany villa for parties but likewise has done **** all for the country and then there is the IRA apologist and revolutionary Marxist. The HoL is now the second largest un-elected legislature after the Chinese People's National Congress. So much for the Conservative's promise to reform the HoL unless it meant putting more of their mates in it to help them (just look at how the HoL screwed up some of the Tories Brexit plans.)

Ian Botham also made a peer for backing Brexit although he has been living in Spain for a number of years now. He was quoted: "Personally, I think that England is an island [sic]. I think that England should be England. And I think that we should keep that."
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.