• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Evgeny Lebedev: Son of KGB agent handed a seat in the Lords

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evgeny Lebedev: Son of KGB agent handed a seat in the Lords

“ Boris Johnson has faced accusations of cronyism after handing peerages to the newspaper owner Evgeny Lebedev, several Tory grandees and Brexiteers, and his own brother.

The prime minister has nominated several of his close allies, including Sir Eddie Lister, his chief strategic adviser, and the Tory donor Michael Spencer. Mr Johnson’s brother, Jo, who dealt him a blow last year by resigning from his cabinet, will also receive a peerage.”

Evgeny Lebedev: Son of KGB agent handed a seat in the Lords | News | The Times

Unfooking believable - is he the guy who invented graphene? Maybe Covid-19 cure?

And what was the source of the money used to fund massive losses at “his” newspapers?

Cancelling my Independent subscription - the worst in my extensive list of subscriptions

“ Evgeny Lebedev
    The Russian proprietor of The Independent and Evening Standard has long been close to Mr Johnson. The son of a former KGB agent, he is a consummate networker and socialite.“

A son of KGB station chief in London, lots of money, loves networking with important people

Comment

And Bojo has given seats in the Lords to a host of Brexit fanatics and brainless idiots.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        And Bojo has given seats in the Lords to a host of Brexit fanatics and brainless idiots.
        To my ex local MP Gisela Stuart too

This is banana republic stuff - without bananas and without republic.

Comment

The Lords was already the largest second chamber in the world. There are now over 800 unelected peers, voting on our laws for life.
          Drain the swamp.

Comment

I’ve suddenly got a firm opinion on disbanding House of Lords.

Comment

Interesting title, it implies the son inherits the sins of the father. I'm sure there's more to this story than that, but it's a slippery slope.

Ironically the Bolshevists were into this kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                I'm sure there's more to this story than that, but it's a slippery slope.
                The *real * truth is that Evgeny saved Boris from Covid-19 by personally administering CPR whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  The *real * truth is that Evgeny saved Boris from Covid-19 by personally administering CPR whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

Again he's simply guilty by association? I'm struggling to dig up much dirt on him.

Comment

And with all those crooks, cronies and spies.... nothing for that twat Farage......
                    That amuses me.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X