• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Tory Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tory Tax

"Developers and landowners will be required to pay more towards building schools, hospitals and local infrastructure under a major Government shake-up of the planning system.

The Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick will this week propose a new system of contributions from developers which will require them to handover more of the profits generated from rising land values. "

Developers to pay more towards local schools, hospitals and roads under Government shake-up of planning system

Will this just result in pushing out more smaller builders? And just create more housing issues in one of the worst housing markets in the world?

Comment

It’s going to result on more donations from big developers to the Tories

Comment

This is Johnson trying to fund his 40 new hospitals as the bank is empty, like his promises
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          "Developers and landowners will be required to pay more towards building schools, hospitals and local infrastructure under a major Government shake-up of the planning system.
          No problem for developers. No deal brexit is going to create a great supply of cheap british labour. That plus developers will cut costs even more, so profits won't change. Only thing that will change is the quality of these new build houses: shoddy will get shoddier.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

The Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick will this week propose a new system of contributions from developers which will require them to handover more of the profits generated from rising land values. "

Developers to pay more towards local schools, hospitals and roads under Government shake-up of planning system

They already have to pay an infrastructure levy, which is very easy to fiddle, and based on self-declared expected value/profit. That system needs to be overhauled, but not to the extent that nobody builds anything at all.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Lucky for Jenrick's buddy

What a right TWUNT - I wish that I could use the expletive version, since he fits the bill perfectly?

Robert Jenrick ‘insistent’ GBP1bn property development decision rushed through before Tory donor forced to pay extra taxes | The Independent
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

This enterprising outfit exists to help devlopers wriggle out of these kinds of things -

Section 106 Affordable Housing Viability | S106 Management

No doubt they will help with the new version too.

Some Local Authorities are so wank they don't even remember to ask for the cash.

Comment

Working...
                X