• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right-wing academics ‘forced to hide views’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    every single professor ... all very anti brexit pro immigration ... constantly telling us everyone who voted for brexit was a racist.

1. What was your masters in?
    2. Where did you study?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

When did you go? I did a master's in 2018 to update some skills and every single professor spoke about brexit, all very anti brexit pro immigration and constantly telling us everyone who voted for brexit was a racist. I'm sure none of their colleagues would have voiced a pro brexit opinion. I am very strongly anti brexit so I didn't care but just saying it did happen in my experience.
      That's because most Professors are anti-Brexit 87% feel free to express their view, 73% of the Brexiteer professors aren't afraid to express their view either.

Obviously if you're in the minority you're probably less likely to express your view because you'll probably lose the argument. That's just how debate works.

No-one is stopping them expressing their views.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        That's because most Professors are anti-Brexit 87% feel free to express their view, 73% of the Brexiteer professors aren't afraid to express their view either.

Obviously if you're in the minority you're probably less likely to express your view because you'll probably lose the argument. That's just how debate works.

No-one is stopping them expressing their views.
        Well actually that is what the study found in a scientific way, someone is stopping them express their views.

now where are the crayons?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          1. What was your masters in?
          2. Where did you study?
          I'm a little hesitant to post personally identifiable info on here. But it was in the south of England and in a technical subject.

Comment

I'm a little hesitant to post personally identifiable info on here. But it was in the south of England and in a technical subject.

Thanks - So really discussing Brexit was not relevant to the subjects you were studying. So the Lecturers shouldn't have wasted your time with their opinions (either way) on Brexit?

Was listening to LBC this morning and they had a guest Lecturer (left leaning) who suggested the people who complained in the survey were making it up. It was like being in the Brexit forum listening to the baying lefties dismissing reality.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Well actually that is what the study found in a scientific way, someone is stopping them express their views.

now where are the crayons?
              It makes sense if students are overwhelmingly anti-Brexit and pay you extortionate fees that you might not necessarily want to upset them.

P*ssing off your customers is never good for business.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Thanks - So really discussing Brexit was not relevant to the subjects you were studying. So the Lecturers shouldn't have wasted your time with their opinions (either way) on Brexit?

Was listening to LBC this morning and they had a guest Lecturer (left leaning) who suggested the people who complained in the survey were making it up. It was like being in the Brexit forum listening to the baying lefties dismissing reality.
                I don't know if I agree with that. Its the biggest piece of news and most significant event since WW2 probably. Every conversation was about brexit plus there were nearly daily updates on whether or not it would actually happen and timing and details.

Just saying it was talked about and all in one direction. Again I'm very very anti brexit so I also invited this conversation.

Comment

Since when was everyone who is anti-Brexit "Left leaning", and everyone pro-Brexit oppressed right wing?

Is this part of the "cancel culture" ?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    It makes sense if students are overwhelmingly anti-Brexit and pay you extortionate fees that you might not necessarily want to upset them.

P*ssing off your customers is never good for business.

Maybe not discussing a controversial subject while you are in a position of power might be a more professional approach?

Comment

Maybe not discussing a controversial subject while you are in a position of power might be a more professional approach?
                      So that's pretty much ****ed all politicians then. Maybe they could just talk about Barbie dolls: https://www.seattletimes.com/enterta...ampaign-dolls/
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X