• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right-wing academics ‘forced to hide views’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Since when was everyone who is anti-Brexit "Left leaning", and everyone pro-Brexit oppressed right wing?

Is this part of the "cancel culture" ?

No its part of the research done by yougov, you know facts not BS!

How Britain voted at the EU referendum | YouGov

left leaning voters such as Labour were 65% likely to vote Remain.

Interestingly the closer a voter is to education the more likely they are to vote remain. Now is that because they are 'more educated' or they have more recent contact with indoctrination?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Maybe not discussing a controversial subject while you are in a position of power might be a more professional approach?
      This is a free country you can express your views. If you get a barage of emotional arguments back, that's how it is. I don't understand how having started a divisive emotional debate i.e. Brexit that you can now complain that there is an emotional debate.

The reason why academics are overwhelmingly anti-Brexit is because they haven't been indoctrinated by tabloid propaganda.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's now clear that the rightwing press is laying the groundwork in order to justify a Brexit youth movement.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Snowflake right wingers:

Policy Exchange is a UK-based centre-right think tank, created in 2002 and based in London. It has been described in The Daily Telegraph as "the largest, but also the most influential think tank on the right"....Policy Exchange was set up in 2002 by a group including Nicholas Boles (director), Michael Gove (chairman) and Francis Maude.
          A scan through the Alumni page of the Think [tank] that brought this report shows every MP they have or had on their books are all Conservative, including no other than Rishi Sunak. One assumes their reports will have a certain bias.
          “We all know there are many right wing Brexiteers. We have a Tory government and we are out of Europe. Now things are going down the toilet, all of a sudden they don’t have a voice?
          They are not being forced to hide their views, they’re scared of debate and of being challenged to back up their views. If they can present their views with evidence and fact to back it up, maybe they wouldn’t be so reticent to express them.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Snowflake right wingers:
            I don't know if this is true. Bring up Muslim immigration and the implications on gender equality in the country and you are quickly told how racist your facts are.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
              I don't know if this is true. Bring up Muslim immigration and the implications on gender equality in the country and you are quickly told how racist your facts are.
              That has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit though.

I wonder how easily you could start a debate about the Palestinians in Israel.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                This is a free country you can express your views. If you get a barage of emotional arguments back, that's how it is. I don't understand how having started a divisive emotional debate i.e. Brexit that you can now complain that there is an emotional debate.

The reason why academics are overwhelmingly anti-Brexit is because they haven't been indoctrinated by tabloid propaganda.
                Actually you cannot freely discuss your views while providing a service. See how many people have been sacked (quite rightly for doing so). The guff they tell my daughter about Brexit is laughable.

I suspect the reason many academics support Brexit is because they don't experience the downsides of the EU.

Comment

That has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit though.

I wonder how easily you could start a debate about the Palestinians in Israel.

Pretty easy in the Labour party.

Comment

Completely made up guff worthy of a Guardian reading UNI lecturer
                    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Actually you cannot freely discuss your views while providing a service. See how many people have been sacked (quite rightly for doing so). The guff they tell my daughter about Brexit is laughable.

I suspect the reason many academics support Brexit is because they don't believe the tripe about the EU in the tabloid press.

FTFY
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X