• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right-wing academics ‘forced to hide views’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    BB "getting over" Brexit is akin to a child getting over ice cream.
    Presumably you were celebrating the Brexiteers getting their peerages today and obsessing about the balance of Brexiteers to "Remoaners" in the house of Lords.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Really, how about Elphicke who was suspended:

But Elphicke was needed:

And now he has been found guitly:

Tories, two faced all the time

maybe after years of investigation people thought he was innocent?

get your pitchforks sharpened.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        maybe after years of investigation people thought he was innocent?

get your pitchforks sharpened.
        "People" thought he was innocent, but he's still being sentenced.
        Do you support his innocence?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Presumably you were celebrating the Brexiteers getting their peerages today and obsessing about the balance of Brexiteers to "Remoaners" in the house of Lords.

See no-one is up in arms here about Claire Fox getting an honour. Ex-member of the Revolutionary Communist Party which turn spawned Spiked magazine (beloved of Brexiters). Became an MEP for the Brexit Party but best of all, she has numerous times voiced her support for the Provisional Irish Republican Army and the Warrington Bombings
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Aren't you the same guy who started this thread a few days ago?

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...l-firearm.html

Yes, and the Police responded completely correctly protecting life and educating the boy who was putting himself in danger waving around a gun that could easily have been mistaken for a real gun.

His mum was complaining their response was racist, I argued it was correct and proportional.

If his school had expelled him based on this I would have challenged that as a poor decision. If the School had interviewed or wrote to him and his mother and explained toy guns or similar aren't allowed in school that might be proportionate.

You want to expel someone based on an unproven allegation. See how the situation is different?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              "People" thought he was innocent, but he's still being sentenced.
              Do you support his innocence?

Assuming our court has done its job properly then he is guilty. Assuming he doesn't win an appeal of course. That is how it works, your snide comments make no difference to that.

yeah because this anonymous MP's wife & Kids deserve this whether he is guilty or not?

Natalie Elphicke MP describes how husband Charlie's assault allegations saw their children suffer | Daily Mail Online

Still raw from the trial, she described how the trial had impacted on the lives of her children and how she particularly feared for her 13-year-old son during the gruelling episode.

She told the Sun: 'He was ten when Charlie was suspended from the party in 2017. Invitations to parties, playdates, suddenly dried up.'

She added: 'My daughter was studying for her A-levels when this first broke and, not surprisingly, they didn’t go as well as they could have.'

Comment

Maybe he could petition Johnson: Cabinet minister 'lobbied Boris Johnson to help Charlie Elphicke' | Politics | The Guardian

Seems like the Tories have a serious problem with misogyny, sexism (along with Islamophobia) which keeps getting swept under the carpet.

Just check out where the report on Pritti Patel's bullying has got to:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I couldn't care less. Brexit is over for me. You're still in the jungle.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    I couldn't care less. Brexit is over for me. You're still in the jungle.
                    Never cease to comment on it though, when it turns up in the discussion. The problem is that you don't realise you're obsessed because it's so ingrained in the discussion.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Interestingly the closer a voter is to education the more likely they are to vote remain. Now is that because they are 'more educated' or they have more recent contact with indoctrination?
                      More likely because they see concerns about overseas students and the money they'll bring in. Let's face it, everyone has voted for what they want and whatever way they saw (or were sold) as the best for them. The whole campaigning and disinformation all round was a complete omnishambles.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X