• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right-wing academics ‘forced to hide views’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Since when was everyone who is anti-Brexit "Left leaning", and everyone pro-Brexit oppressed right wing?

Is this part of the "cancel culture" ?
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    No its part of the research done by yougov, you know facts not BS!

How Britain voted at the EU referendum | YouGov

left leaning voters such as Labour were 65% likely to vote Remain.
    Right. But that doesn't mean that anyone pro-brexit is not left wing, nor that anyone anti-brexit is right wing. Unless you believe that since racists and bigots are more likely to be pro-brexit, that means all pro-brexitters are racists and bigots? A claim up until now you've vehemently rejected.

Interestingly the closer a voter is to education the more likely they are to vote remain. Now is that because they are 'more educated' or they have more recent contact with indoctrination?
    Not really. You're confusing being educated with receiving education recently. For example, my parents both have Masters degrees, but that's from the 70s. Not entirely within the definition of "recent". And of course in those days, being a right-wing academic wasn't the least bit of an issue.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Never cease to comment on it though, when it turns up in the discussion. The problem is that you don't realise you're obsessed because it's so ingrained in the discussion.

Er, you might want to check my posting history. I very rarely enter the cretin subforum. You, OTOH. You've also become an avid follower of the Daily Express, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Er, you might want to check my posting history. I very rarely enter the cretin subforum. You, OTOH. You've also become an avid follower of the Daily Express, I see.
        hmm I find it interesting how often you feel the need to repeat that your not obsessed. Anyone with a smattering knowledge of Psychology would know someone who couldn't careless would simply not comment. Basically Brexit is "omnipresent" in the media, and you can't get away from it. Next year it will become an even bigger "obsession".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

6 pages from just one my post - gotto be a record

Note to self - post more about poor oppressed right wingers

Comment

Surely you really meant to say 52% of CUK forum members
            Originally posted by AtW View Post

6 pages from just one my post - gotto be a record

Note to self - post more about poor oppressed right wingers
            Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
              When did you go? I did a master's in 2018 to update some skills and every single professor spoke about brexit, all very anti brexit pro immigration and constantly telling us everyone who voted for brexit was a racist. I'm sure none of their colleagues would have voiced a pro brexit opinion. I am very strongly anti brexit so I didn't care but just saying it did happen in my experience.
              I don't believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I don't believe you.
                He did not learn anything from his course - believe that...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  hmm I find it interesting how often you feel the need to repeat that your not obsessed. Anyone with a smattering knowledge of Psychology would know someone who couldn't careless would simply not comment. Basically Brexit is "omnipresent" in the media, and you can't get away from it. Next year it will become an even bigger "obsession".

you're.

care less.

HTH.

You're the one that asked both questions about obsessing, you obsessive cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    He did not learn anything from his course - believe that...
                    It sounds like he acquired a first class sense of victimhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      It sounds like he acquired a first class sense of victimhood.
                      An acquired taste

Comment

Working...
                      X