• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right-wing academics ‘forced to hide views’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Because you don't see the difference between the past and the present.

That's what makes you weird.

Or maybe it's weird that the feelings of some Brexit supporters in wanting to highlight certain people as "bad" based on their religion or skin colour is a lot closer to Germany in the 1930s than to Europe 90 years later.

It's almost like you want to bring up Germany's terrible past, while complaining about anyone who dares mention that some parts of Britain's glorious past aren't so glorious.

no I'm pointing out calling all Brexiteers racist is even less accurate than accusing all remianers of loving Fascists.

As posted above there are surely some racist Brexiteers just as there are surely some racist remoaners - you lot trying to turn it into some moral crusade is the weird bit!

Also past & present you might want to have a look at what Germany did to Belgium in WWI 25 years before they did it again in Poland etc in WWII. We even gave it a cool name:

Rape of Belgium - Wikipedia

Frankly IMHO if it hadn't been for Robert Oppenheimer we would still be duking it out every few years.

Countries stopped invading other large countries because we all got a megaton sized stick to carry. Everything else is dressing.
    Last edited by vetran; 5 August 2020, 13:42.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      So if an ex girlfriend or a one night stand accused you of rape without any concrete evidence, you would be ok with all your clients sacking you immediately?
      Who said anything about being sacked? Suspended was the word, there is a big difference you know. If an executive of a large company was accused, I think you'll find he would be suspended or as it is quaintly put, 'put on gardening leave.' How about the number of sportspeople who have been accused and are immediately suspended until it has been sorted? Why hasn't this person been suspended? Does he have some kind of immunity that others don't?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Who said anything about being sacked? Suspended was the word, there is a big difference you know. If an executive of a large company was accused, I think you'll find he would be suspended or as it is quaintly put, 'put on gardening leave.' How about the number of sportspeople who have been accused and are immediately suspended until it has been sorted? Why hasn't this person been suspended? Does he have some kind of immunity that others don't?

OK suspended then?

As a contractor you are unlikely to be paid so for you it is effectively sacked. I doubt they would renew either way after such an accusation.

Comment

OK suspended then?

As a contractor you are unlikely to be paid so for you it is effectively sacked. I doubt they would renew either way after such an accusation.
          What about an MP?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

What about an MP?
            why not answer my question first?

Comment

OK suspended then?

I've not been following this case closely, but I would expect that if the accusation was made by an employee of the client, they would at least suspend you (your contract).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I've not been following this case closely, but I would expect that if the accusation was made by an employee of the client, they would at least suspend you (your contract).

So would Darmy be happy with that? I just want to know if he would feel it was just if he suffered the same fate?

Everyone seems to want blood but its always different when it is they who are bleeding.

Comment

An attempt at rebuttal, but once again demonstrating a complete inability to understand any kind of logic, no matter how simple
                  Yes, of course. Don't worry your pretty little head about it.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You first, why isn't he being suspended as has happened in previous?
                    why not answer my question first?
                    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Comment

You first, why isn't he being suspended as has happened in previous?

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

I see I have to repeat myself. The Whip decided not to, based probably on knowledge we don't have.

I ask again so would your suspension/firing based on an unproven accusation be ok?

Comment

Working...
                      X