• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right-wing academics ‘forced to hide views’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Condescending drivel.
    FTFY!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I see I have to repeat myself. The Whip decided not to, based probably on knowledge we don't have.

I ask again so would your suspension/firing based on an unproven accusation be ok?
      Another non-answer, worthy of Trump
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Another non-answer, worthy of Barmy

FTFY

YES or NO Barmy?

Comment

FTFY

YES or NO Barmy?
          No you answer the question, why hasn't this person been suspended when others have been in practically the same position? Maybe this the ex-government minister also uses his personal email account for government business

You like sticking up for this unnamed MP accused of rape as if you had some kind of personal connection
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

No you answer the question, why hasn't this person been suspended when others have been in practically the same position? Maybe this the ex-government minister also uses his personal email account for government business

You like sticking up for this unnamed MP accused of rape as if you had some kind of personal connection

I have answered the question. Just because you believe the answer should be different badgering me is not going to work.

So Barmy - YES or NO?

Comment

I have answered the question. Just because you believe the answer should be different badgering me is not going to work.

So Barmy - YES or NO?
              So you believe that someone who has been accused of rape should still be able to attend their workplace and even work with their accuser. I think that this MP, like anyone accused of rape, should be suspended until the verdict has been given. You're obviously happy for someone who may have committed a heinous crime to still continue on as normal. Now just imagine if that person is found guilty, how do you think the accuser feels?

Comment

So you believe that someone who has been accused of rape should still be able to attend their workplace and even work with their accuser. I think that this MP, like anyone accused of rape, should be suspended until the verdict has been given. You're obviously happy for someone who may have committed a heinous crime to still continue on as normal. Now just imagine if that person is found guilty, how do you think the accuser feels?
                I do, if there is no supporting evidence because there is so little chance of the person being found guilty. Even if they are acquitted the stain stays. I support anonymity without a court order. Investigation times to be massively shortened and an early statement on guilt.

Supplementary question in case you ever get round to answering mine. If I accused you of theft with no evidence would you expect to be suspended? Its a yes/no answer to.

How about this one?

Clergyman's ex-wife is spared jail after waging a vendetta of lies against her former husband | Daily Mail Online

She had breached judges’ orders not to make such claims and he wanted her jailed for contempt.

She had previously been ordered by courts to halt her bid to destroy the reputation of the Charlie Gibbs (pictured) and force him out of his job

Mrs Justice Lieven, who analysed the case at hearings in the Family Division of the High Court in London, has ruled in his favour.

But she concluded that jailing Gibbs, of Attleborough, Norfolk, would not halt the ‘vendetta’.

Another judge imposed a nine-month jail term, following an earlier application by Mr Gibbs, three years ago.

Gibbs had spent four-and-a-half months in jail and had ‘recommenced’ sending emails as soon as she came out.

The judge said she had decided that the best way to protect Mr Gibbs was to publish a ruling which showed the truth.
                Should he have been instantly defrocked?

Comment

I do, if there is no supporting evidence because there is so little chance of the person being found guilty. Even if they are acquitted the stain stays. I support anonymity without a court order. Investigation times to be massively shortened and an early statement on guilt.

Supplementary question in case you ever get round to answering mine. If I accused you of theft with no evidence would you expect to be suspended? Its a yes/no answer to.

How about this one?

Clergyman's ex-wife is spared jail after waging a vendetta of lies against her former husband | Daily Mail Online

Should he have been instantly defrocked?
                  Would you be happy if a friend or family member was sexually assaulted by a work colleague or her boss, it was reported to HR who told her to report it to the police (after sitting on it for a few months first). The work colleague is then arrested but let out on bail but your friend or family member still has to face that person everyday? We're talking about sexual assault here, not theft or lies. This MP has been arrested so the police must think that there is something to the accusation...

Comment

Would you be happy if a friend or family member was sexually assaulted by a work colleague or her boss, it was reported to HR who told her to report it to the police (after sitting on it for a few months first). The work colleague is then arrested but let out on bail but your friend or family member still has to face that person everyday? We're talking about sexual assault here, not theft or lies. This MP has been arrested so the police must think that there is something to the accusation...
                    and another assumption

What happens after you report rape or sexual assault? | The Met

If we can identify and locate the suspect, we may arrest them. Our decision to make the arrest will be based on both your wishes and what we feel is in the wider public interest. If we believe there is a continued threat, either to you or the public, we will act. We cannot risk anyone else getting hurt.

No mention of guilt. He wasn't charged. They have 28 days to do so or can ask for a 3 month extension in exceptional cases it used to be open ended.

No we are talking about an accusation. There is no victim yet just an accuser and accused.

Note that lad the other day with the imitation glock 19 was arrested. Should his school expel him? We are talking about possessing a firearm here!

Comment

and another assumption

What happens after you report rape or sexual assault? | The Met

No mention of guilt. He wasn't charged. They have 28 days to do so or can ask for a 3 month extension in exceptional cases it used to be open ended.

No we are talking about an accusation. There is no victim yet just an accuser and accused.

Note that lad the other day with the imitation glock 19 was arrested. Should his school expel him? We are talking about possessing a firearm here!
                      If we can identify and locate the suspect, we may arrest them. Our decision to make the arrest will be based on both your wishes and what we feel is in the wider public interest. If we believe there is a continued threat, either to you or the public, we will act. We cannot risk anyone else getting hurt.
                      He was arrested as it must be in the wider public interest and they possibly believe that there is a continued threat to the accuser as stated in your link above. Obviously the Conservative Party and you don't feel that there is, we now know how you feel about this.

Comment

Working...
                      X