• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monzo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monzo

Holding post for people waiting 12 months to get there cash out discussions

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

What happened with monzo? I almost opened an account there but went with starling instead. Also have my business bank account with starling.

Comment

That's not good. I've got a fair chunk of change in one of their savings accounts. I shall review my options.

Comment

Monzo losses double as UK digital bank warns of pandemic uncertainty

Sounds like they were far too ambitious, even before C-19.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Monzo should have accepted when rbs wanted to buy them. They would have made a ton of money. Now who knows, they might go belly up and lose everything.

Comment

People use banks because only alternative is cash. If everyone could run their bank account themselves and had the card talking to their own server exchanging with the payment networks, then nobody would use banks. Even such server could run on the phone and you wouldn't have to wait ages for incompetent customer service as you would be served by yourself personally.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
              People use banks because only alternative is cash. If everyone could run their bank account themselves and had the card talking to their own server exchanging with the payment networks, then nobody would use banks. Even such server could run on the phone and you wouldn't have to wait ages for incompetent customer service as you would be served by yourself personally.
              That sounds awful. No thank you, I would rather use my no fee account and not have to worry about any of that.

Comment

If it folds cash should be paid out quickly by the regulator, but up to 75k or 85k

Keeping more would cash be crazy

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  If it folds cash should be paid out quickly by the regulator, but up to 75k or 85k

Keeping more would cash be crazy
                  That’s fantasy island

Will take months to reconcile the safeguarding accounts

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    That’s fantasy island. Will take months to reconcile the safeguarding accounts
                    I think they (FCCS or whatever they are called now) obliged to pay out real quick, essentially Govt picks the bill fast and then tries to clawback whatever actually left in accounts: it's the only way such protections could work to be trusted.

Having said that I would not want to be the person how it actually works.

Comment

Working...
                    X