• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just like a flu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like a flu

“ More than half of people who received hospital treatment for Covid-19 were found to be suffering from a psychiatric disorder a month later, a study has found.

Out of 402 patients monitored after being treated for the virus, 55% were found to have at least one psychiatric disorder, experts from San Raffaele hospital in Milan found. The results, based on clinical interviews and self-assessment questionnaires, showed post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in 28% of cases, depression in 31% and anxiety in 42%. Additionally, 40% of patients had insomnia and 20% had obsessive-compulsive (OC) symptoms.

The findings will increase concerns about the psychological effects of the virus. The paper, published on Monday in the journal Brain, Behavior and Immunity, says: “PTSD, major depression, and anxiety are all high-burden non-communicable conditions associated with years of life lived with disability.”

Survivors of Covid-19 show increased rate of psychiatric disorders, study finds | Science | The Guardian

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “ More than half of people who received hospital treatment for Covid-19 were found to be suffering from a psychiatric disorder a month later, a study has found.

Out of 402 patients monitored after being treated for the virus, 55% were found to have at least one psychiatric disorder, experts from San Raffaele hospital in Milan found. The results, based on clinical interviews and self-assessment questionnaires, showed post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in 28% of cases, depression in 31% and anxiety in 42%. Additionally, 40% of patients had insomnia and 20% had obsessive-compulsive (OC) symptoms.

The findings will increase concerns about the psychological effects of the virus. The paper, published on Monday in the journal Brain, Behavior and Immunity, says: “PTSD, major depression, and anxiety are all high-burden non-communicable conditions associated with years of life lived with disability.”

Survivors of Covid-19 show increased rate of psychiatric disorders, study finds | Science | The Guardian
    If more than half means 52%, then we must accept the possibility that it is not Covid related.

Comment

A lot of people have those. The product of the great society and economy we are part of.

Probably covid accelerates the issues with some.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
        Probably covid accelerates the issues with some.
        It does accelerate things with some - to the death.

Comment

So if you're a loony, you're more likely to get it bad. Whereas those who are robustly stable will just brush it off.

My client (a pharma company) is offering coronavirus antibody tests to all workers - the aim is to get some idea of how many people are asymptomatic, have non-standard symptoms, or who caught it before it got famous. I've signed up.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            My client (a pharma company) is offering coronavirus antibody tests to all workers - the aim is to get some idea of how many people are asymptomatic, have non-standard symptoms, or who caught it before it got famous. I've signed up.
            I would have thought your employer would be more interested to find out who is currently ill - spreading the virus, rather than who HAD it.

Unless they already know that you all had it and just want to measure the level of anti-bodies those "flu" January 2020 innoculations produce

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              I would have thought your employer would be more interested to find out who is currently ill - spreading the virus, rather than who HAD it.

Unless they already know that you all had it and just want to measure the level of anti-bodies those "flu" January 2020 innoculations produce
              They receive that data over 4G.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                So if you're a loony, you're more likely to get it bad. Whereas those who are robustly stable will just brush it off.
                Reading that I'd have thought it implied that getting it bad turns you into a loony which seems possible seeing as it appears to induce stroke etc.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Reading that I'd have thought it implied that getting it bad turns you into a loony which seems possible seeing as it appears to induce stroke etc.
                  3 strokes and a looney is out...

Comment

Working...
                  X