• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index - July 20

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index - July 20

Key Points:

- Annual house price growth recovers to 1.5% in July

- Prices up 1.7% month-on-month, after taking account of seasonal factors, reversing last month’s fall

- Stamp duty holiday likely to provide further support in the near term

Full report here:

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/-/media...0/Jul_2020.pdf

Me 'ouse is me pension 'innit?

Comment

Me butlers 'ouse is me pension 'innit?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The economy is so broken here. Companies are cutting pay and house prices go up.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          The economy is so broken here. Companies are cutting pay and house prices go up.
          Kind of like the stock market (well at least the US ones). I expect if an asteroid hit the earth, the super rich would become richer somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Kind of like the stock market (well at least the US ones). I expect if an asteroid hit the earth, the super rich would become richer somehow.
            Isn't that always the case though? The rich get richer in a crisis and the poor become worse off.

I'm not exactly 'rich' but I'm certainly more well off than the average Brit and a stock market crash, or house crash, would in the long term make me more affluent. It's about having that spare cash under the bed available to invest when the market (whichever market has bombed) is at it's lowest and knowing that in the long term said market will recover.

The poor have no cash under the bed so cannot take advantage. The mega rich become more so. It's a sliding scale between the two on how well someone can take advantage.

This is why my altruistic side doesn't want a crash of any sort; whilst I personally could gain, I don't want the poorest in society to get even more shafted. This is one reason I voted a certain way in 2016, it's why I don't really want a stock market or housing crash now.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              How much will SpaceX shares cost in that case if a few random punters who own shares will get a lift off before asteroid hits the fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Isn't that always the case though? The rich get richer in a crisis and the poor become worse off.

I'm not exactly 'rich' but I'm certainly more well off than the average Brit and a stock market crash, or house crash, would in the long term make me more affluent. It's about having that spare cash under the bed available to invest when the market (whichever market has bombed) is at it's lowest and knowing that in the long term said market will recover.

The poor have no cash under the bed so cannot take advantage. The mega rich become more so. It's a sliding scale between the two on how well someone can take advantage.

This is why my altruistic side doesn't want a crash of any sort; whilst I personally could gain, I don't want the poorest in society to get even more shafted. This is one reason I voted a certain way in 2016, it's why I don't really want a stock market or housing crash now.
                Yes because there will be roits.

Last time Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson had some power there was riots.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Yes because there will be roits.

Last time Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson had some power there was riots.
                  "Riojas all around - pile in!" - he was last heard

Comment

Working...
                  X