• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We've reached peak house prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    As there is no skill in the prise draw this will be deemed as an illegal lottery in the UK

BTW. The owners look a right pretentious bunch of ....
    I bet she drives a white Range Rover Evoque paid for on a monthly lease and he drives an Audi on the same....

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      AFAICT, it's laughably easy to workaround this.
      Spot the squirrel competition.

BTW, just had a close look at the photos; the fitting are poor quality. Similar properties but with more land have gone for £700k.
      Last edited by Paddy; 4 August 2020, 13:28.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Hide the squirrel competition.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I bet she drives a white Range Rover Evoque paid for on a monthly lease and he drives an Audi on the same....
          He "renovates driveways" and "he lives at a separate property"... could be a driver of a Tipper transit?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            A neighbour of ours has just put his house on the market. After three years there he's selling because his wife has lost her job and they depend on two incomes to pay the mortgage, despite having a third child to look after.

The asking price is just under 30% more than what they paid.

I just don't understand who they expect to buy it?
            Friend of mine bought a house in london area 3 years ago. Renovated the whole thing: ripped the carpet and put laminate flooring (ok laminate is utter sh1te but still an upgrade from carpet), installed new boiler/smart heating system, redid the deck and back garden.

Managed to sell the house by a miracle and way below asking price (asking price was 15% more than what he paid). Taking into accounts selling price and renovation costs, I don't think he broke even.

London is finished.

Comment

I didn't realise a few things. 6 bottles on a shelf is a secret bar and a small house oop north can be "worth" over a £1m !!!
              It looks like an alcoholic’s bathroom rather than a bar.

Comment

FTFY

Anything to ensure he escapes living over the Kebab house!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                  He "renovates driveways" and "he lives at a separate property"... could be a driver of a Tipper transit?

Caravan?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                    Friend of mine bought a house in london area 3 years ago. Renovated the whole thing: ripped the carpet and put laminate flooring (ok laminate is utter sh1te but still an upgrade from carpet), installed new boiler/smart heating system, redid the deck and back garden.

Managed to sell the house by a miracle and way below asking price (asking price was 15% more than what he paid). Taking into accounts selling price and renovation costs, I don't think he broke even.

London is finished.
                    At least he got half of it - the broke part

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Caravan?
                      Racist!
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X