• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We've reached peak house prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've reached peak house prices

Family of six raffle off their GBP1.15million four bedroom barn conversion with secret bar | Daily Mail Online

Whenever we get hoards of people raffling their homes (because they can't get the asking price they have in their heads), then we know we are at the top.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Family of six raffle off their GBP1.15million four bedroom barn conversion with secret bar | Daily Mail Online

Whenever we get hoards of people raffling their homes (because they can't get the asking price they have in their heads), then we know we are at the top.
    It's not much of a secret bar now.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      It's not much of a secret bar now.
      I didn't realise a few things. 6 bottles on a shelf is a secret bar and a small house oop north can be "worth" over a £1m !!!

Comment

I didn't realise a few things. 6 bottles on a shelf is a secret bar and a small house oop north can be "worth" over a £1m !!!
        That's five times what you're asking for for your four bed West Country pad!

4 bedroom terraced house for sale in Morrison Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2, SN2

Comment

A neighbour of ours has just put his house on the market. After three years there he's selling because his wife has lost her job and they depend on two incomes to pay the mortgage, despite having a third child to look after.

The asking price is just under 30% more than what they paid.

I just don't understand who they expect to buy it?

Comment

These raffles have been around for years. I suspect many are scams where they know they won't reach their target number of ticket sales to trigger the actual raffle and will fall back on offering a cash prize that just happens to have substantial costs deducted from the amount received. Kerching!
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              A neighbour of ours has just put his house on the market. After three years there he's selling because his wife has lost her job and they depend on two incomes to pay the mortgage, despite having a third child to look after.

The asking price is just under 30% more than what they paid.

I just don't understand who they expect to buy it?
              A fool.

Comment

Here's one which has a second prize: Enter Raffle to Win WIN our home & BMW car! Hosted By Richard Taylor
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

As there is no skill in the prise draw this will be deemed as an illegal lottery in the UK

BTW. The owners look a right pretentious bunch of ....
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    As there is no skill in the prise draw this will be deemed as an illegal lottery in the UK
                    AFAICT, it's laughably easy to workaround this.

Comment

Working...
                    X