• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some dodgy dealings here by client.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you know just been to spain. I filled in the forms, advised the client in advance, and the umbrella (they are my employer after all). Without my knowledge, umbrella phoned agency who phoned client. So what you may think? They can if they want I guess.

Client is now "disappointed" that I didn't let them "deal with it locally because its caused hassle now its official". When I asked did they mean I should try to hide the fact that I'd been to spain, the answer was "well......" In other words YES.

They're now moaning that I've "let them down by making it official".

Not sure what to say. Pretty poor that a government department is trying to get a contractor to fraudulently do something like this.
    I can see this not ending well to be honest.

I mean I was so annoyed after signing on this morning.... ;-)
    What do you reckon I should tell them?
    Last edited by psychocandy; 5 August 2020, 09:08.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

So what's your question here?

You've been an idiot.. Its come back to bite your... Its everyone's fault but yours?

That's not news for you is it

Move to General please.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Was that a question?

This isn’t twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You've been an idiot.. Its come back to bite your... Its everyone's fault but yours?

Move to General please.
        Why've I been an idiot?

I went to spain when government said it was ok to go. They changed the rules when I was there. Of course, I knew it was a risk.
        Of course, client can react how they see fit but asking me to break the law is not one of them.

If its your personal choice not to do what I did then thats up to you....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Why've I been an idiot?

I went to spain when government said it was ok to go. They changed the rules when I was there. Of course, I knew it was a risk.
          Of course, client can react how they see fit but asking me to break the law is not one of them.

If its your personal choice not to do what I did then thats up to you....
          Because the agency told someone else in DVLA what would have been a simple task is suddenly a whole lot of paperwork because HR have been told and are involved.

Yes I can see why the local management at DVLA are annoyed.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Move to General please.
            It's more that he is an idiot and it was bound to end badly one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              As I've mentioned before, you've clearly be chosen for how well you fit into the culture.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Can someone merge the threads into a single Psychodrama Summer Holiday thread?

Comment

Spain trip didn't work out so well...

Whodathunkit.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Spain trip didn't work out so well...

Whodathunkit.
                    It's hard to feel much sympathy for the client. They've made their own bed and while they say they're disappointed in PC, really they're disappointed in themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X