• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geord Floyd full body cam video leaked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Mary, Mary, Mary... Where on earth have even become close to saying that?

I've already said I'm not trying to defend the police and I've not shown any interest in what is already out there so havne't commented on what you suggest at all. I'm saying the video posts a very different picture to what everyone has been rioting about and a lot of questions need answering about how the media have sold it, the DA kept it from the public and what people were actually rioting about. It's a sad state of affairs that there is such disparity about what people were led to believe and what actually happened.
    The kneeling on the neck until he died is rather at the core of the matter.

Comment

**** me. NLUK seems as passionate about this as he is about accountants.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Interesting.

I see nothing in this video that justifies or excuses what happened afterwards. I can see why certain groups in society may jump to this video and cry that the police officer was justified in his later actions, but that's total crap.

None of this, and I mean NONE of this, can ever justify this mans death. To even post this with the rest of the dribble is quite bizarre and not something I'd expect from you NLUK. This certainly shows you in a different light mate.
        Maybe I've made a mistake posting this in the heat of the moment but I'm not sure why it shows me in a new light. I guess I've not done a very good job of managing this thread. It wasn't posted to justify any of the actions.. not directly... my outrage is directed at the disparity between the reporting up to now and what actually happened and how we got to the stage of the world burning over it.

The fact the DA kept this from the public eye while citys burned, the fact they did and what do we do now some issues have been debunked or are not quite what they are now. These were the questions I was posing and was hoping to discuss. Surely someone one/thing has to be held to account for allowing the riots to get this far when it looks like they may have been averted or at least more useful.

The world will never be the same because of this, and I mean not in a good way, so thought it would be up for discussion.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have read in a few places that this incident was fueled by the media.

Cop kills suspect by kneeling on him, quickly became WHITE cop kills suspect BLACK man by kneeling on him. Not saying it is correct at all, fingers crossed the police involved get the justice they deserve but the media did have a part to play in this.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Maybe I've made a mistake posting this in the heat of the moment but I'm not sure why it shows me in a new light. I guess I've not done a very good job of managing this thread. It wasn't posted to justify any of the actions.. not directly... my outrage is directed at the disparity between the reporting up to now and what actually happened and how we got to the stage of the world burning over it.

The fact the DA kept this from the public eye while citys burned, the fact they did and what do we do now some issues have been debunked or are not quite what they are now. These were the questions I was posing and was hoping to discuss. Surely someone one/thing has to be held to account for allowing the riots to get this far when it looks like they may have been averted or at least more useful.

The world will never be the same because of this, and I mean not in a good way, so thought it would be up for discussion.
            What is it that you think we know as a result of the video being leaked, that we didn't know perviously, and that materially affects the grievance?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              The kneeling on the neck until he died is rather at the core of the matter.
              Well that wasn't supposed to be what it was about TBH but I'm seeing how I've got it wrong now.

And if is the core of the matter it must still have context and the video changes that context somewhat? Doesn't justify it, or exonerate anyone, but it's different now?

I'm clearly no good at this ranting business.

Comment

lets dive in.

First the incompetent way he was restrained at the end probably contributed to his death as did the class A drugs and his heart complaint the ME found. That is not in dispute, as mentioned by many experts that sort of restraint is no longer taught in training because of the risks it poses.

Now as to him being innocent he is driving while intoxicated (Drugs) pretty sure that is a serious offence in all states. The store clerks account of him passing a fake bill in exchange for cigarettes and then failing to return the cigarettes when the clerk identified the forgery turns that from (knowingly?) passing forged currency to theft.

He is clearly asked to show his hands, he doesn't, things escalate he is shown a gun. He then complies, the gun is put away. Maybe if they had tasered him he would have died in the drivers seat?

The two other passengers leave the car during this time and the second police officer is forced to leave his partner to deal with them.

They then attempt to put him in a Police car and he claims he has claustrophobia despite being fine in his own car. He also claims he cant breathe despite not being compressed. Throughout this he forcibly resists.

After the tape ends is when he ends up on the floor and dies.

Throughout I saw no evidence of racist behaviour. Maybe I missed it.

I did see a convicted armed robber actively trying to escape justice while probably near lethally intoxicated.

In hindsight the officers should have called for a van and medical support because he obviously wasn't right.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  lets dive in.

In hindsight the officers should have called for a van and medical support because he obviously wasn't right.
                  I think in the UK this would have 100% happened or maybe I just get that from watching too much Road Wars, Police Interceptors, Chopper Cops, etc.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    lets dive in.

First the incompetent way he was restrained at the end probably contributed to his death as did the class A drugs and his heart complaint the ME found. That is not in dispute, as mentioned by many experts that sort of restraint is no longer taught in training because of the risks it poses.

Now as to him being innocent he is driving while intoxicated (Drugs) pretty sure that is a serious offence in all states. The store clerks account of him passing a fake bill in exchange for cigarettes and then failing to return the cigarettes when the clerk identified the forgery turns that from (knowingly?) passing forged currency to theft.

He is clearly asked to show his hands, he doesn't, things escalate he is shown a gun. He then complies, the gun is put away. Maybe if they had tasered him he would have died in the drivers seat?

The two other passengers leave the car during this time and the second police officer is forced to leave his partner to deal with them.

They then attempt to put him in a Police car and he claims he has claustrophobia despite being fine in his own car. He also claims he cant breathe despite not being compressed. Throughout this he forcibly resists.

After the tape ends is when he ends up on the floor and dies.

Throughout I saw no evidence of racist behaviour. Maybe I missed it.

I did see a convicted armed robber actively trying to escape justice while probably near lethally intoxicated.

Did anyone have a problem with the handling up to this point anyway? The whole issue has been the knee on the neck for close to 10 minutes while it's clear he's under medical duress... And this body cam footage is only until that point so doesn't really add much to the conversation.

Still not justified imo and this doesn't change anything material to the conversation. No one really thought this was racist anyway did they? Maybe some idiots who never bothered to look up any details.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      What is it that you think we know as a result of the video being leaked, that we didn't know perviously, and that materially affects the grievance?
                      I don't know how to answer this without making myself look even worse here but surely it would have allowed people to make up their minds based on the facts before going out and burning cities?
                      Before this it was racially motivated murder but now that's difficult to justify**. So does that mean all the race riots, burning cities, defunding the police are less jutified? Would another course of action have happened that might have been less harmful etc?

I need to just shut up I guess. People aren't taking this the way I meant it to be.

** disclaimer. I'm not trying to belittle or reduce the charge. He's still killed a human and needs to be held to account but it's not what it was initially thought.

My whole point about this thread was way everyone has been played by whoever and we could discuss who that was and why..
                      Last edited by northernladuk; 5 August 2020, 11:22.

Comment

Working...
                      X