• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geord Floyd full body cam video leaked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    lets dive in.

Now as to him being innocent he is driving while intoxicated (Drugs) pretty sure that is a serious offence in all states. The store clerks account of him passing a fake bill in exchange for cigarettes and then failing to return the cigarettes when the clerk identified the forgery turns that from (knowingly?) passing forged currency to theft.
    Being stooped for drugs or having mental issues were never raised at the time. If that was the case, and in any event, the police officer should first of all told the driver why he has been stopped; he didn't.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      I think in the UK this would have 100% happened or maybe I just get that from watching too much Road Wars, Police Interceptors, Chopper Cops, etc.

qh

Nope I agree in the UK it probably would have and as I say in hindsight it should have happened.

I love the attitude of the armchair warriors suggesting restraining a large muscular, intoxicated, convicted armed robber is easy and they should have just offered him a cup of tea. I can assure you it is not and there is large chance of you getting injured even if the detainee is not armed.

We also have cleared up that this had no signs of racism involved. If it had been a big white muscular, intoxicated, convicted armed robber behaving this way it would have played out this way. This most definitely key for BLM's actions .
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Being stooped for drugs or having mental issues were never raised at the time. If that was the case, and in any event, the police officer should first of all told the driver why he has been stopped; he didn't.
        They normally ask for licence and insurance first but this started going south way before that so what they should have done couldn't have been done.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I don't know how to answer this without making myself look even worse here but surely it would have allowed people to make up their minds based on the facts before going out and burning cities?
          Before this it was racially motivated murder but now that's difficult to justify**. So does that mean all the race riots, burning cities, defunding the police are less jutified? Would another course of action have happened that might have been less harmful etc?

I need to just shut up I guess. People aren't taking this the way I meant it to be.

** disclaimer. I'm not trying to belittle or reduce the charge. He's still killed a human and needs to be held to account but it's not what it was initially thought.

My whole point about this thread was way everyone has been played by whoever and we could discuss who that was and why..
          I think you do have a point - I only knew a little about it, racist murder by white policeman. The little I read about it, they pointed out that he had complaints against him in the past.

So I assumed that the rioting was related to racist police officer.

Looking at that video and unfortunately the start of the next video, it's clear that there is nothing racist about this. Terrible policing yes.

Comment

Would they have known when they stopped him he was a convicted armed robber, served 5 years? The reason why I ask is when they stopped him and he wouldn't put his hands in view and was all over the place, perhaps the police officer was then worried about his own safety rather than procedures.

Comment

As Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin knows fine well, the MEDIA, social, left-wing, right-wing or otherwise can easily be manipulated, if you have the means.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

But it is now a known fact. Would you have asked him if he wanted one lump or two in his tea?

You know in the States many people especially criminals have guns. The police tend to make them safe before they get to talking. That means getting handcuffs on and searching for weapons before the talking really starts. Its not Columbo where the suspect calmly puts their hands up. Try watching the American cop reality shows.

The advice is if the US Police are nervous to move slowly and show your hands, let them make sure you are safe then they are more friendly.

These Police want to go home at night as well.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I think you do have a point - I only knew a little about it, racist murder by white policeman. The little I read about it, they pointed out that he had complaints against him in the past.

So I assumed that the rioting was related to racist police officer.

Looking at that video and unfortunately the start of the next video, it's clear that there is nothing racist about this. Terrible policing yes.

He had 1 upheld complaint (where disciplinary action was taken) about him. 17 non upheld. A complaint can be being late for work. He was a 20 year veteran so that seems reasonable.

Comment

How Police Unions Became Such Powerful Opponents to Reform Efforts - The New York Times

Bands of blue - Reining in police unions’ power in America | United States | The Economist

Police unions have helped shield officers from accountability. Now they're facing an unprecedented backlash - CNN
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

CNN and NY Times are par with Daily Mirror and Guardian for being news worthy.

Why don't you state your point?

Comment

Working...
                      X