• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geord Floyd full body cam video leaked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That is clear. I don't think that video provides any evidence in that direction.
    For sure, but it's not like they'd get extra life sentence if it was possible to prove they were racist to pick on him in the first place.

Comment

It is a very distressing video of a man who is clearly having a severe panic attack - or rather, simply not behaving rationally. Since he repeatedly apologises and says "I didn't know", it seems likely that he knew that the bill was counterfeit - whether before or after he was challenged, who can say. Two police officers are trying their best to deal with a pretty difficult suspect who, while not actively resisting nor wanting to apparently, seems quite incapable of cooperating.

The video ends at the point where Floyd is about to end up outside the police car with the officers weight upon his neck.

Having seen the other videos from different standpoints, it looks like the officer screwed up massively - even to the point of criminal negligence (which in the UK would get you manslaughter - in the US that's 3rd degree murder). But there was no racism involved.

But. There not being racism in this specific incident does not mean that their isn't a problem with racism in policing and the US. There is. And that is utterly evident from looking at the statistics. The video doesn't invalidate BLM. Just their reliance on this issue.

Ah we finally agree.

However BLM are invalidated by their aims. I am happy to fight racism but BLM want to promote something else.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        For sure, but it's not like they'd get extra life sentence if it was possible to prove they were racist to pick on him in the first place.
        They aren't going to get a life sentence it will be less than 10 years. Its incompetence not malice.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          They aren't going to get a life sentence it will be less than 10 years. Its incompetence not malice.
          It's incompetence - on your part, you still can't get ' right

Comment

That is clear. I don't think that video provides any evidence in that direction.
            The Floyd incident is the straw to break the camel's back.It may not be overt racism, but too many black people are treated aggressively by the police and they believe it is purely because of their skin colour.

We hear on here all the time that black man commit crime and therefore stop and search of black men is justified, even if the men being stopped are innocent. The problem with that is you are treating all black men the same, purely because of their skin colour; the police are assuming/profiling black men as potential criminals because a minority of black men commit certain crimes.

I lived in London for 20 years and during that time I was never stopped and searched by police, and never had my car stopped. I have some black mates who have been stopped multiple times; they drive similar cars to me. We drive around the same areas. The only difference between us is our skin colour. As whites we don't get treated negatively in the UK purely because of our skin colour so we can't really appreciate how this negatively impacts lives and turns communities against the police.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              I lived in London for 20 years and during that time I was never stopped and searched by police, and never had my car stopped. I have some black mates who have been stopped multiple times; they drive similar cars to me. We drive around the same areas. The only difference between us is our skin colour. As whites we don't get treated negatively in the UK purely because of our skin colour so we can't really appreciate how this negatively impacts lives and turns communities against the police.
              It’s always someone else’s fault isn’t it though. Why are black communities plagued by crime and violence?

Comment

What is right in YOUR VIEW?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  What is right in YOUR VIEW?
                  I can tell WHO is extremely right - Daily Mail.

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      It’s always someone else’s fault isn’t it though. Why are black communities plagued by crime and violence?

It is obviously institutionalised racism which is why all other ethnic minorities are under achieving in school and over represented in prison - oh wait!
                      Last edited by vetran; 5 August 2020, 22:14. Reason: for AtW

Comment

Working...
                      X