• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geord Floyd full body cam video leaked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Would your responses be different if he was a British MP accused of rape?

Why did the British MP appear intoxicated whilst driving and resist arrest?
    Has he been to jail or convicted of armed robbery? What colour is the British MP in case we want BLM to make him a saint?

WTFAboutery!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Do you not see here how this statement is inherently racist? You're justifying treating all black men as criminals until proven innocent just because some are criminals. You're judging someone on skin colour first before you even know them - how is this not a racist reaction?

This is the crux of BLM. Black people want to be treated like everyone else, like we as white people are treated, without skin colour coming into the equation. How difficult is that to understand?
      I'm not justifying anything Whorty. I've already said a couple of times that I doubt the effectiveness of stop and search. But the deeper question is that black males are way over represented in crimes/prison etc. I don't think saying it's all down to racism is right or going to help.

I think asking the question why crime is such a big issue in certain communities and then being called a racist is not helping anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Mary, Mary, Mary... Where on earth have even become close to saying that?

I've already said I'm not trying to defend the police and I've not shown any interest in what is already out there so havne't commented on what you suggest at all. I'm saying the video posts a very different picture to what everyone has been rioting about and a lot of questions need answering about how the media have sold it, the DA kept it from the public and what people were actually rioting about. It's a sad state of affairs that there is such disparity about what people were led to believe and what actually happened.
        But....isn't the neck kneeling and subsequent death, the main bit people were a little disturbed by? Not sure why seeing the build up changes that.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I don't know how to answer this without making myself look even worse here but surely it would have allowed people to make up their minds based on the facts before going out and burning cities?
          Before this it was racially motivated murder but now that's difficult to justify**. So does that mean all the race riots, burning cities, defunding the police are less jutified? Would another course of action have happened that might have been less harmful etc?

I need to just shut up I guess. People aren't taking this the way I meant it to be.

** disclaimer. I'm not trying to belittle or reduce the charge. He's still killed a human and needs to be held to account but it's not what it was initially thought.

My whole point about this thread was way everyone has been played by whoever and we could discuss who that was and why..
          I maybe see what you were attempting to say; but I am still not sure seeing the lead up would have stopped the anger.

I think anyone looking for overt 'racist behaviour' from the officer and feeling comfortable there is none, is maybe not getting that it's perhaps a little more nuanced. Probably a different discussion.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I think anyone looking for overt 'racist behaviour' from the officer and feeling comfortable there is none, is maybe not getting that it's perhaps a little more nuanced. Probably a different discussion.
            Perhaps you are right, it may be more nuanced. But the narrative incompetent police officer murders suspect isn't going to inflame violence around the USA and UK. If I'm honest before watching the video the perception I had from the media was a racist white policeman murdered a black man. It's clear it wasn't racially motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Perhaps you are right, it may be more nuanced. But the narrative incompetent police officer murders suspect isn't going to inflame violence around the USA and UK. If I'm honest before watching the video the perception I had from the media was a racist white policeman murdered a black man. It's clear it wasn't racially motivated.
              It's clear to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                It's clear to you.
                Is it not clear to you? Perhaps I'm missing something from the video, I didn't watch the second video all the way through, but I saw up to when he was kneeling on his neck.

Comment

Is it not clear to you? Perhaps I'm missing something from the video, I didn't watch the second video all the way through, but I saw up to when he was kneeling on his neck.
                  No, it's not clear to me that the white police officer's lethal assault on the arrested black person was not racially motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    No, it's not clear to me that the white police officer's lethal assault on the arrested black person was not racially motivated.
                    oh, so it's your emotional feeling that it was racist because you see a white police officer and a black suspect killed and you assume it's a racist killing?

Comment

Not sure how it is nuanced? Alleging stuff not supported by the facts is not nuance its making stuff up.

An intoxicated suspect with a heart condition who resists arrest is incorrectly and probably incompetently restrained, he sadly dies. Those are the facts.

What has been alleged is that it was racist because the suspect was black. Now half the police involved were BAME and there was no evidence of racism in the videos.

And despite the suggestion it only happens to BAME suspects it has repeatedly happened to white suspects.

Tony Timpa death: Disturbing video shows Dallas police officers joking as they restrain man who died - CBS News

A medical examiner ruled Timpa's death a homicide, and listed the cause as "sudden cardiac death" caused by "the toxic effects of cocaine and physiological stress associated with physical restraint,"
                      The footage showing the August 2016 death of Tony Timpa in Dallas shows an officer pinning him to the ground with his hands cuffed behind him for nearly 14 minutes as the 32-year-old eventually becomes unresponsive. Officers are heard joking that Timpa had fallen asleep, with one yelling "five more minutes, mom!"
                      Try searching for restraint asphyxia it is horribly common.

Now don't get wrong I am sure that both the US & UK police have individuals and even groups that are racist and that needs fixing but this is not helping with the problem of Police Brutality and incompetence in restraint.
                      Last edited by vetran; 6 August 2020, 15:08.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X