• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geord Floyd full body cam video leaked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I understand your point that it's not a single incident and there is context to this. I'm not saying there isnt a problem in the USA, I really don't know. In this example was it racist, no. There is no evidence to prove it was, so it's not racist to me. Did the media paint it differently, well at least in the papers I read it did and it seems for others to.

And I think that was the point of the post really, that the narrative from the media was at odds with the actual events.
    You might equally say that there is no evidence that it is not racist. What I'm finding hard to understand is why you claim that is is clear that racism was not the motivation, instead of saying that it is unclear whether racism in the motivation. That is not semantics or a pedantic debating point - it's a huge difference.

Don't mind what the media said after the event, when trying to make up your mind what happened at the event.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Naltrexone.

Instant cold turkey.
      It's not reasonable to expect a police officer to diagnose and treat. A paramedic possibly, but even that is difficult. I work with a GP who occasionally does call outs to police cells where arrested people are claiming they are overdue their methadone. It's an impossible situation, even for a very experienced doctor. If they are lying and have recently had methadone, and you give it to them, they can overdose. If they are telling the truth but you don't give it to them because you think they are lying, they come to harm. (Possibly it was a medication other than methadone - I forget - but still relating to narcotic addiction).

Different situation, I know, but I wouldn't fancy being a police officer on the wrong end of a complaint that you've incorrectly administered Naltrexone. What (clearly) does help is not kneeling on the arrested person's neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Hang on a second...

It's woohoo saying that it is clear that racism was not a motivation. What is it that you think I fancy feeling?

I don't know what your depraved mind thinks, I am however reasonably confident that this was incompetence not malice. As usual I will wait for the experts with evidence in the court to confirm that.

I am unlikely to found the "Slough Free zone" and defund our local bobby any time soon. I won't even pop into Sports direct for some new kicks with a five fingered discount.

Do please point to some concrete evidence this incident was racist.

You do know judging actions based on the colour of skin is inherently racist?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's not reasonable to expect a police officer to diagnose and treat. A paramedic possibly, but even that is difficult. I work with a GP who occasionally does call outs to police cells where arrested people are claiming they are overdue their methadone. It's an impossible situation, even for a very experienced doctor. If they are lying and have recently had methadone, and you give it to them, they can overdose. If they are telling the truth but you don't give it to them because you think they are lying, they come to harm. (Possibly it was a medication other than methadone - I forget - but still relating to narcotic addiction).

Different situation, I know, but I wouldn't fancy being a police officer on the wrong end of a complaint that you've incorrectly administered Naltrexone. What (clearly) does help is not kneeling on the arrested person's neck.

Well maybe we need to do some research and come up with the equivalent of an epi pen or at least a process for dealing with this, it is becoming more common.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            I don't know what your depraved mind thinks, I am however reasonably confident that this was incompetence not malice. As usual I will wait for the experts with evidence in the court to confirm that.

I am unlikely to found the "Slough Free zone" and defund our local bobby any time soon. I won't even pop into Sports direct for some new kicks with a five fingered discount.

Do please point to some concrete evidence this incident was racist.

You do know judging actions based on the colour of skin is inherently racist?
            Please try to make sense. It is woohoo who was saying he was clear about the police officer's motivations (and now you appear to be reasonably confident), not me.

Comment

You might equally say that there is no evidence that it is not racist. What I'm finding hard to understand is why you claim that is is clear that racism was not the motivation, instead of saying that it is unclear whether racism in the motivation. That is not semantics or a pedantic debating point - it's a huge difference.

Don't mind what the media said after the event, when trying to make up your mind what happened at the event.
              Where is the evidence that it was racially motivated. Not a single person has anything to point to other than the cop was white and victim was black.

Can we suggest racism might be the cause for any and every single thing that happens between 2 people of different race now? I mean i guess that is where we are right now, but it's pretty ****ed up if you ask me.

Comment

Honestly, we must think differently. For me you need evidence to assert something. It's not racist until you can prove it is. Seriously, you must see that right? This isn't a concept I've just invented.

The media is important, until I saw that video I was under the impression it was a racist murder. Now, I can see it's incompetence.

We don't think the same way, you and I are not going to agree on this.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  **** me. NLUK seems as passionate about this as he is about accountants.

Comes across a far right wing apologist.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Please try to make sense. It is woohoo who was saying he was clear about the police officer's motivations (and now you appear to be reasonably confident), not me.

You are the one not making sense for that reason I cannot guess what you are thinking.

You appear to be saying despite the lack of evidence that this interaction is still probably racist based on the protagonists skin colour. That obviously makes no sense to anyone with a brain.

I am saying there is no evidence so far it was racist and that because this sort of stupidity happens to many suspects of all colours it is probably incompetence. That seems a reasonable position to me.

If the Police had called him the N word or similar then racism would be clear. if you have any evidence like that then please share it.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

You appear to be saying despite the lack of evidence that this interaction is still probably racist based on the protagonists skin colour.
                      Show me where I appear to be saying that, as opposed to where I have clearly stated:

Nobody can say for sure what motivation(s) were in the police officer's mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X