• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nearly 48 hrs clean now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly 48 hrs clean now

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st&showposts=1

You are such a cruel cyber bully

Comment

You jinxed it FFS

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Clearly not good enough

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Not affected in the slightest, but I do acknowledge it is a problem for many.

I don't know if he is a parent like myself - I do know or rather did know a girl that took her own life as a result of cyberbullying. That was when living in Hampshire.

What I remember from the subject at the time was just how impressionable children are, isolated they become. They still are growing and don't have the emotional experience to understand how to deal with the situation. Bullies behaviour spur from some withheld family structure as a kid themselfs, same old same old, it's not their fault but ultimately it starts with the parents.

I recommend reading up on the subject if you're a parent, do you notice know of a young one now talking less about themselves, seeming more and more reserved, isolated, never complains.. taking more risks? don't ignore it. Life is too short without them making it shorter thanks to the likes of people like DP.

I think Vic would be 23/24 now..

51 Critical Cyberbullying Statistics in 2020 - BroadbandSearch

The Impacts of Cyberbullying

Even in you've been fortunate enough to escape cyberbullying, this doesn't mean you don't need to worry about it.

The effects of cyberbullying can have a tremendously negative impact on the mental health and well-being of victims. And these impacts are far more serious than just "feeling bad" about yourself. They go deeper and touch more sensitive parts of the human psyche.

These effects can be felt in both the short and long term, and they help point out why we should be taking cyberbullying so seriously.

Here is a rundown of some of the more troubling statistics about the impact of cyberbullying:

64 percent of people who have been cyberbullied say it affects their ability to learn and feel safe at school. [Cyberbullying Research Center]

Students who experience cyberbullying are more likely to have social, mental health and behavior problems particularly in school. [Center for Disease Control]

Bullied students are twice as likely than other students to experience problems such as headaches and stomach aches. [Gini and Pozzoli, 2013]

19 percent of bullied students say the experience has negatively impacted how they feel about themselves. 14 percent say it has negatively impacted their relationships with friends and family and 9 percent reported a negative impact on their schoolwork. [National Center for Education Statistics]

What's perhaps more concerning, though, is the impact cyberbullying has on the one doing the actual bullying.

According to a study published in The Journal of Early Adolescence, cyberbullying can actually help improve a student's perceived popularity.

This suggests that we as a society encourage this type of behavior by rewarding those who engage in it with higher social standing.

Last edited by scooterscot; 6 August 2020, 19:17.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You had to go and mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              You had to go and mention it.

Comment

Working...
              X