• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ultimate DOOM: Going to eat in a local restaurant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It’s Michelin guide listed with open kitchen that patrons can sit near by and watch how carefully food is prepared
    My local chippy does the same thing.

Comment

My local kebab House is like that.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        When it's delivered, AtW will be able to sit in the comfort of his sofa and peer through the gap in his bedsit floor for the same effect.

Comment

It’s Michelin guide listed with open kitchen that patrons can sit near by and watch how carefully food is prepared
          Any good restaurant will be happy for a client to visit the kitchen which is a habit I do not do as much as I used to. At some restaurants on the continent, the chef will come to the table to explain how he will cook the steak for example.

I got a bit of a shock once after eating excellent food in a small posh looking white tablecloth restaurant in Luxor, I ask to thank the chef personally only to find "the kitchen" was the size of a broom cupboard with a single electric hob. The toothless chef looked as though he had just come from working in the fields; still his food was excellent.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Listed in the Michelin Guide?

Comment

Lots of restaurants have been designed so you can see the chefs cooking your food.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In crayon on the back cover.

Comment

In an ideal restaurant you would like to see:

- a video from the meal preparation
                  - names of the people involved, their background
                  - who produced plates, cutlery, when, what materials been used
                  - list of all appliances used for production, basic information for each, date of last inspection etc.
                  - how much energy has been spent for the meal preparation, how much came from renewable sources
                  - list of all ingredients, which farm it came from, who picked it and when and why
                  - list of where all seeds came from, date of germination, genus, family tree
                  - list of any chemicals that have been used to aid growth

If the meal contained meat, then it should also include:
                  - name of the animal, age, where it came from, name of parents
                  - pictures how it grew up through out the months or years
                  - favourite toy and who it was friends with
                  - a video how the animal looked on the day of the killing
                  - who killed it, when, what method, how long the agony lasted
                  - a detailed health report
                  - when the body was processed - who processed it, when, what happened to all body parts
                  - who was carrying the body parts to the restaurant, how long
                  - How much energy was spent and from what sources for each stage of the process

Then you want to see the recipe and how it has been followed, all timestamps, weights and so on.

Detailed route of the meal from the kitchen to the table, who carried it, their background

Who designed the table layout, all research behind it

Before eating the meal you should have done a comprehensive blood test and then one a couple of hours after ingesting the meal, then you could compare various markers to see if the meal actually delivered what it was supposed to deliver.

That is of course only scratching the surface of what could be reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    In crayon on the back cover.
                    That was scootie practicing his charts.

Comment

Food off, Gricer

Comment

Working...
                      X