• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage thoughts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Depends on a number of things .... firstly £150k was the largest my mortgage ever became, and this was on a property of £375k I, as is common, took a small salary and topped up to c.£40k with divs (also dropping a lump into my pension each year via myco). My wife was salaried and earning just shy of 6 figures so she covered bills, hols, drugs and partying whilst my lump sum divs each year went straight to the mortgage. We cleared it in just over 3 years

Not that hard to do if you have no kids and wife/partner earns a decent salary too.
    Only Cams?

Didn't work out too well for my wife so we took another mortgage out.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Depends on a number of things .... firstly £150k was the largest my mortgage ever became, and this was on a property of £375k I, as is common, took a small salary and topped up to c.£40k with divs (also dropping a lump into my pension each year via myco). My wife was salaried and earning just shy of 6 figures so she covered bills, hols, drugs and partying whilst my lump sum divs each year went straight to the mortgage. We cleared it in just over 3 years

Not that hard to do if you have no kids and wife/partner earns a decent salary too.
      London you could get a shed for £375K is it up north somewhere ?

What’s the point in a pension if Covid 19 will kill most oldies ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        London you could get a shed for £375K is it up north somewhere ?

What’s the point in a pension if Covid 19 will kill most oldies ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        London, but almost 20 years ago. It was a very nice shed, felt on the roof and everything

Thankfully I'm not an oldie eh And even if I do cark it, that's still less money going to the government in taxes so still a win
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Only Cams?

Didn't work out too well for my wife so we took another mortgage out.
          "Only Cams"?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
          X