• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Matrix is about....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Indeed. Why can't people go to the cinema just to watch and enjoy a film anymore. See some action, a body count, some boobies if you are lucky and then just leave enjoying what they just saw?
    Nobody is stopping you from doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Nobody is stopping you from doing that.
      My ASBO from every cinema in a 100 mile radius is though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I keep meaning to re-watch the matrix, but I have this image of Keanu using the really old nokia phone and for some reason it puts me off.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          My daughter was on a student workshop, and the transwoman there was rather dismissive of her, because she isn't interested in "girly things", such as shopping, jewellery or makeup. It seems strange to feel discomfort conforming to cultural and gender stereotype of your sex, only to adopt a gender stereotype of the opposite sex.
          Yes, isn't it. One might be forgiven for thinking that there is a kink element to many of the MTF transitioners.

Furthermore, plenty of people choose not to conform to any gender stereotype quite happily - society has moved quite a bit in the last few decades. If you want to be a bit more girly/womanly/manly/macho - knock yourself out.
          I agree.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            I keep meaning to re-watch the matrix, but I have this image of Keanu using the really old nokia phone and for some reason it puts me off.
            Oddly enough completely the opposite for me. I had one of them and loved it. Even better to see him using it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Oddly enough completely the opposite for me. I had one of them and loved it. Even better to see him using it.
              I loved my Nokia to, but something in my minds says don't watch it, it's dated and will probably be a bit crap now.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I loved my Nokia to, but something in my minds says don't watch it, it's dated and will probably be a bit crap now.

mmm Carrie Anne Moss, Leather ........

Come on Boys/Girls/other wayers !
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Kind of like gender, eh?
                  Not really. I thought is was good sci-fi because the interpretation is far wider. But if you want to interpret as being solely about gender being an artificial construct go for it - which is still up for debate - then go for it. The authors' interpretation is often not the best. That's why creativity is so cool.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not really. I thought is was good sci-fi because the interpretation is far wider. But if you want to interpret as being solely about gender being an artificial construct go for it - which is still up for debate - then go for it. The authors' interpretation is often not the best. That's why creativity is so cool.
                    I'm more interested in how people react to the authors. It's interesting though - particularly the deadnaming re Mr Anderson / Neo.

Comment

I'm more interested in how people react to the authors. It's interesting though - particularly the deadnaming re Mr Anderson / Neo.
                      Dead naming. It's a real shame that some individuals feel the need to blank out the part of their life before they decided they were a different gender.

If someone misnames me, I just tell them "that's not my name". What I may have called myself 30 years ago isn't really relevant. "That girl was a man was". The correct response is "So what?". I first encountered a transsexual back in 1977. Even then most people couldn't give a toss.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X