• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Matrix is about....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Dead naming. It's a real shame that some individuals feel the need to blank out the part of their life before they decided they were a different gender.
    Tell Neo that.

Comment

It's interesting that the more prominant people to change gender (afaik) are men beyond 50.

Bruce Jenner (Olympic decathlete in the earlier life), Robert Millar (pro cyclist in the earlier life), and now the Wachowskis.

Maybe it's more widespread than my limited knowledge so I'm only seeing a very small snapshot of the bigger picture, otherwise it seems to be a mid life crisis thing.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        So the Wachowski brothers are now sisters. That seems more interesting than any Matrix talk,

First I've heard about a 4th Matrix movie. So Neo will now also be trans?
        I hadn't heard they were, but agreed that has to be pretty rare. It is hardly a big leap to that understanding of the film though - pretty thin disguise in hindsight.

Matrix 4 has been in the works for quite some time, with most of the big original cast names. I am now wondering if the film will just be a thin veneer for 2.5 hours of trans apologetics dressed as a Sci Fi film, but I do think the idea of a character with different genders would've been quite interesting.

I do have to say, on the purely superficial level Lana and Lilly are about the least convincing trans women, they look like little Britain characters. I thought the photo I saw was a joke for a second.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Tell Neo that.
          A fictional character? Tricky.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            ...I do have to say, on the purely superficial level Lana and Lilly are about the least convincing trans women, they look like little Britain characters. I thought the photo I saw was a joke for a second.
            Allow me to introduce you to Alex Drummond; a "lesbian" who sits on Stonewall's "Trans Advisor Group".

See also, Magdalen Bern's excellent take-down of this nonsense: Alex / Transgender UK - YouTube
            Last edited by wattaj; 10 August 2020, 14:02. Reason: Clarity
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

You regularly talk to a fictional character.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                You regularly talk to a fictional character.
                Not fictional, you just haven't met them

That said half the people here are fictional characters.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Not fictional, you just haven't imagined you've them

That said half the people here are fictional characters.
                  FTFY

Comment

he is only fictional in your mind - take the red pill...
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Babies and young toddlers don't have a concept of gender and sex. Babies don't even know they are separate individuals for the first few months and only at around 18 months do they realise that other people have different thoughts to them.
                      There's a guy/gal/other over not the stock market thread with the same issue!

Comment

Working...
                      X