• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Matrix is about....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No-one is "the wrong gender at birth". That's a nonsense. However, people can, for whatever reason, develop discomfort in conforming to the cultural, gender stereotype of their sex.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      However, people can, for whatever reason, develop discomfort in conforming to the cultural, gender stereotype of their sex.
      My daughter was on a student workshop, and the transwoman there was rather dismissive of her, because she isn't interested in "girly things", such as shopping, jewellery or makeup. It seems strange to feel discomfort conforming to cultural and gender stereotype of your sex, only to adopt a gender stereotype of the opposite sex. Furthermore, plenty of people choose not to conform to any gender stereotype quite happily - society has moved quite a bit in the last few decades. If you want to be a bit more girly/womanly/manly/macho - knock yourself out.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The funniest thing about this story is all the incel / men's right types who though the red pill / blue pill thing was about them.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
          No-one is "the wrong gender at birth". That's a nonsense. However, people can, for whatever reason, develop discomfort in conforming to the cultural, gender stereotype of their sex.

People most definitely develop differently due to the hormones they are exposed to in the womb.

Hormones Factors in Fetus Gender and Child Future Development | Health Doctrine

Pregnancy is a complex situation partially because its evolved to be and still provide the chance of further evolution.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            People most definitely develop differently due to the hormones they are exposed to in the womb.

Hormones Factors in Fetus Gender and Child Future Development | Health Doctrine

Pregnancy is a complex situation partially because its evolved to be and still provide the chance of further evolution.
            Babies and young toddlers don't have a concept of gender and sex. Babies don't even know they are separate individuals for the first few months and only at around 18 months do they realise that other people have different thoughts to them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Babies and young toddlers don't have a concept of gender and sex. Babies don't even know they are separate individuals for the first few months and only at around 18 months do they realise that other people have different thoughts to them.
              Would those be the different thoughts that "doing some kind of evil radioactive stinking tulip in the middle of a cafe" is not funny or big?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                The funniest thing about this story is all the incel / men's right types who though the red pill / blue pill thing was about them.
                This is true. I just thought it was cool science fiction, questioning what we perceive as reality. Which is why I liked the 2nd and 3rd parts. And the additional material. It's such a brilliant idea. It's also why I think the idea that it's about transexualism is silly. Their transexualism may have informed the story, but it doesn't mean it's about that.
                A friend of mine told his 14 year old daughter not to worry about whether she was straight or gay or "really" a man. But to concentrate on being herself without conforming to anyone else's expectations. If you still feel that you're the wrong gender six years later, then ok. If you still feel attracted to same sex six years later, then ok with that too. But don't make decisions yet. There's plenty of time.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  This is true. I just thought it was cool science fiction, questioning what we perceive as reality. Which is why I liked the 2nd and 3rd parts. And the additional material. It's such a brilliant idea. It's also why I think the idea that it's about transexualism is silly. Their transexualism may have informed the story, but it doesn't mean it's about that.
                  Kind of like gender, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Indeed. Why can't people go to the cinema just to watch and enjoy a film anymore. See some action, a body count, some boobies if you are lucky and then just leave enjoying what they just saw?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh so babies don't communicate for a few months so they are all really just a blank slate.

Doesn't really work for me. What about identical twins if they are raised by the same parents they are both very likely >90% to swing the same way?

The key thing is being gay isn't a choice - the question to ask yurself was 'when did you decide to be heterosexual?' For me the answer is never, I just only found girls sexy.

Are you born gay or is it a choice? Scientists might have found the answer

'Gay genes': science is on the right track, we're born this way. Let’s deal with it. | Science | The Guardian
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X