• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schools reopening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    This is the problem in the western world right here. Who cares if it's disconcerting. Children need to not be babied so much and learn to deal with conflict and not just avoid it constantly. Dont put teachers at risk because it could cause a few kids anxiety.

For ****s sake we use to get chased by ******* lions.
    Then go and get chased by lions and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
      If many of the schools had not treated it as a big holiday for the teachers and failed none key worker children so poorly I would have had some sympathy for them, but they did and I don't.

They failed the key workers children as well, no tuition.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        They failed the key workers children as well, no tuition.
        Yep just a baby sitting service.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Teachers should be offered PPE. In some schools, where that may be disconcerting for the students, it should be up to the teachers' discretion and evaluation of the risk. Older students, who are able to, should also wear masks at the very least while in class..
          ^ This.
          Its the easiest way to reopen schools. Teachers should be protected from this virus by using PPE . Children are not affected as much as adults.

Comment

PPE is still in short supply

And parents at home won’t be protected by children exchanging virus in school

Cases doubled in just one month, and that in hot summer when lots of people outside and schools are closed

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Then go and get chased by lions and report back.
              Lions if healthy and fit and not being threatened don't chase people. Lions actively avoid humans. I've walked unarmed in lion territory loads of times, and bumped into prides, and never once been in danger. Lions chase 'food'; act as food and they will respond, act as a human and they will avoid you.

Maybe Jayn200 wants to act like food
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Lions if healthy and fit and not being threatened don't chase people. Lions actively avoid humans. I've walked unarmed in lion territory loads of times, and bumped into prides, and never once been in danger. Lions chase 'food'; act as food and they will respond, act as a human and they will avoid you.

Maybe Jayn200 wants to act like food
                I would be surprised if anything wanted to eat you!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  No 5G in Israel to program Covid nanites remotely?
                  Nice twist. 5G protects you against Covid nanites (is it a coincidence that nanite and nineteen sound the same? I think not.). That explains why the levels are so low in my town.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X