• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Me house is me pension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    Yes and shift council tax to owners rather than residents like it is most places in the world and just rename to property tax.
    Taxes are always being paid by someone at the end of the chain. If owner has to pay it, then they will increase the rent by that amount plus admin costs.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Then with the extra tax revenue, pay some mates £150m for PPE that doesn't work.

Coronavirus: Outcry over GBP150m of worthless facemasks prompts spending inquiry | News | The Times
      Boris will drain the swamp!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It’s called Council Tax in the UK

And it does not matter that they did not re-value for some time - it is based on market value, unlikely to have changed in relative terms to each band

Maybe Conservatives should rename it as Wealth Tax - this way they can tax the rich and get rid of hated Council Tax!
        I thought council tax was only for local services? i.e. not income tax levels as it is in the channel islands.

Been away too long me...
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I thought council tax was only for local services? ..
          And maybe you think that Wealth Tax will be tax to make the wealthy even more wealthy?

Comment

Why do you still pay tax? You've always raving how awesome it is your can print your own sovereign currency - let's print!
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

For those weird morons frothing at the mouth to handover more tax to Boris and his cronies to piss up the wall, please cancel your ISA and pension arrangements and donate to the following good cause.

| CRND

TIA

Comment

For the Govt...

“ British homes could be the new source of billions of pounds in much needed revenue for the Government in the form of a wealth tax, following the economic devastation of the coronavirus pandemic.”

How would a wealth tax work and what would it look like?

There should be a tax on links to paywall sites.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

CGT on real estate should be easy to administer - just take % from difference between new sale price vs previous as recorded in the Land Registry - take money at source too, like stamp duty before money even reach seller.

Fair, easy - but won’t happen. ...
                  Not every property is on the Land Registry.

Quite a few have been in the same family for centuries, and only sales after 1925 have been officially registered.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Quick - time to transfer your house ownership into the limited company....

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Why do you still pay tax? You've always raving how awesome it is your can print your own sovereign currency - let's print!
                      I pay tax because I don’t want to end up like BrilloPad

Same reason I don’t get married...

Comment

Working...
                      X