• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

which one of you was this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which one of you was this?

Unsuccessful job applicant replies 'f*** you' to rejection email | Daily Mail Online

Recruiter shares the 'f*** you' email a candidate sent after being rejected - but it backfires when LinkedIn users say SHE was in the wrong

• Claudia Narder, 35, from London, shared the response on her LinkedIn page
    • She was shocked to find people jumping to the rejected applicant's defense
    • Recruitment manager for Cubitt House said it left her questioning her ability

Darn if a recruiter bothers to tell me I didn't get through rather than leaving me hanging they go on the good agent pile.

Though the recruiter looks like "love expert" Tracy Cox's & Roger Moore's (its the eyebrow) daughter in the selfies.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

'I don't want to sound like a victim but something must have gone wrong in the process i'm overly entitled and of that generation so I am
    FTFH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Pile in.

Claudia Narder posted on LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Do I need a passport?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Do I need a passport?
          A blue one.

Comment

one of the rare agents who sends rejection email.
            normally they don't bother

Comment

And they are still looking for a new chef, even after sending that generic reply.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                one of the rare agents who sends rejection email.
                normally they don't bother
                It was a template email, worth as much as silence. Either don't bother at all or take two minutes to explain properly why - we've found someone who has more skills and will work for less, etc. Try and help them focus their search or something.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  It was a template email, worth as much as silence. Either don't bother at all or take two minutes to explain properly why - we've found someone who has more skills and will work for less, etc. Try and help them focus their search or something.
                  To be fair, I sort of disagree with this. I find silence to be very frustrating, especially as agents can be hard to get ahold of at the best of times.

I'd rather a succint no - and replying with that is somewhat short sighted to say the least. Nobody owes you a debrief off nothing more than an application and there are only so many hours in the day anyway.

Not that I feel bad for her, or don't understand the frustration on the other end

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    To be fair, I sort of disagree with this. I find silence to be very frustrating, especially as agents can be hard to get ahold of at the best of times.

I'd rather a succint no - and replying with that is somewhat short sighted to say the least. Nobody owes you a debrief off nothing more than an application and there are only so many hours in the day anyway.
                    Agreed. To get any kind of response is all the feedback I'd expect, anything else is a bonus. Yes it's a low bar but it is what it is. They are on the clock so why should they. I probably wouldn't if I was in their boots.

If they are getting 300+ applications what is she supposed to do? Ring everyone up? The guy wasn't good enough, thanks goodbye. Nothing more required. It would be nice to get more and some people go over and above to do it but everyone in that thread expects too much IMO.
                    Not that I feel bad for her, or don't understand the frustration on the other end
                    Kind of but maybe I've become jaded. Agents don't send feedback. It's the way it is and it's the way it will always be. Why not reduce your expectations to what is reality and then just get on. Looks like massive storm in a teacup to me. I think the F You is totally out of order but the agents feedback thing is just mehhhh.
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 10 August 2020, 21:29.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X