• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ooohh is that a little bit Albanian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooohh is that a little bit Albanian

Twitter reacts to Rita Ora ‘blackfishing’ claims – fans surprised by Albanian ethnic background! – HITC

FFS

apparently refugee & music star Rita Ora has been 'Blackfishing'

Right. Rita Ora is not black. I know that. But she blackfaced. And used cultural appropriation. She used box braids. Not braids. Anyone can wear braids. But box braids and Cornrows have a meaning. They are not just a style. She made herself appear black if you didn't know.

are they serious?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Does she have a song coming out

I think people are really striving to be offended but I wouldn't be surprised if its a publicity thing.

I'm actually getting tired of seeing her in the papers in a bikini.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Does she have a song coming out

I think people are really striving to be offended but I wouldn't be surprised if its a publicity thing.

I'm actually getting tired of seeing her in the papers in a bikini.
      When you are tired of hot girls in Bikinis you are tired of life?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        When you are tired of hot girls in Bikinis you are tired of life?
        true Im just jealous that I can't fit into my Bikini anymore, boobs too big.

Comment

true Im just jealous that I can't fit into my Bikini anymore, boobs too big.
          Get a bigger bikini. Simples.

I don't recall Pamela Anderson struggling to find two triangles to secure her modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Get a bigger bikini. Simples.

I don't recall Pamela Anderson struggling to find two triangles to secure her modesty.
            I don't think modesty was ever an issue to Pamela

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I was surprised to find out from an Albanian Kosovan colleague a couple of years ago that Rita Ora was of Albanian origin. I always thought she looked mixed race. And Dua Lipa is of Albanian origin too. Who'd have thought a small country like Albania would produce two such successful pop stars?

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                Who'd have thought a small country like Albania would produce two such successful pop stars?
                Didn't they emigrate as children, so wouldn't it be the UK that has produced two pop stars?

Comment

Didn't they emigrate as children, so wouldn't it be the UK that has produced two pop stars?
                  So you are claiming them as British because they are successful and rich?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                    I was surprised to find out from an Albanian Kosovan colleague a couple of years ago that Rita Ora was of Albanian origin. I always thought she looked mixed race. And Dua Lipa is of Albanian origin too. Who'd have thought a small country like Albania would produce two such successful pop stars?
                    Old man!
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X