• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2020 US Presidential Election thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must admit I'm quite impressed with the latest trend of linking forest fires and pandemics to climate change, it gives the whole thing a nice biblical touch. A sanctimonious lecture is much more effective when you preach floods, fire and pestilence.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

He's going to start posting graphs now.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        He's going to start posting graphs now.
        Not at all I enjoy giving sanctimonious lectures on climate change, a great justification for not travelling into the office.

I very much suspect however that the world won't be extinct in 10 years time.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Not at all I enjoy giving sanctimonious lectures on climate change, a great justification for not travelling into the office.

I very much suspect however that the world won't be extinct in 10 years time.
          I was only poking a bit of fun. I wasn't expecting the full strawman treatment.

Comment

I'm not sure how a world can be extinct. Low level of basic understanding there.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I'm not sure how a world can be extinct. Low level of basic understanding there.
              Classic strawman. Mis-state the other side's position to try and shore up you own.

A debate with a climate change denier is less an exchange than a consultation.

i.e. trying to understand what "issues" he has.

Comment

Let's see how some of these quotes have aged after the debate:

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Debate tomorrow. Expect Trump to push lines that require Biden to use short term memory.

Sleepy joe will be so pumped full of methylphenidate his eyes will be turning red.
                Doh! Guess who had no problem with short term memory?

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                He doesn't appear nearly 50% of days now.

I dunno, the guy is wanting to be in charge of 3000 nuclear missiles, he clearly doesn't know what day of the week it is.
                I think after the "raging drunk Uncle ranting about what he saw on Facebook" performance we all know who shouldn't be in charge of 3000 nuclear missiles.

Aged like milk.

Comment

I was amazed that Biden accused Trump several times of 'hiding in his bunker' and Donald missed the obvious rejoinder about Joe "hiding in his basement"

Comment

I'm surprised that when Biden was asked he question that he didn't ask the moderator if this was the $750 question
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      I'm surprised that when Biden was asked he question that he didn't ask the moderator if this was the $750 question
                      He was too distracted by the clown.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X