• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2020 US Presidential Election thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Open carry states have the lowest gun crime and when they started open carry about 20 years ago gun crime dropped considerably.
    So when carrying a gun stopped being illegal, there was suddenly a lot less gun crime... give the man a prize. If we legalise rape, sex-crime figures would plummet too.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You could always give it a try. Get back to us.
      And now you're lashing out. Sorry if showing you up was so upsetting for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Anyway, it's really sad to see the lengths you will go to defend him. Being sarcastic!
        Maybe the humour just isn't there for you.

It takes smart people to understand satire

Comment

So which is it: paraphrase, satire or sarcasm? You're all over the place trying to defend the Nutjob-in-Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            So which is it: paraphrase, satire or sarcasm? You're all over the place trying to defend the Nutjob-in-Chief.
            I think he woke up after a dull bit of chat that he was not listening to and got asked to say something so he banged together some tulip from what he though he heard that was a bit of a ramble. It's basically every meeting I ever went to as a contractor.

Did he say "drink bleach"? Only someone with reduced mental ability would claim that.

I'm also going to suggest that starting and ending a statement with "I think you said" and "sounds interesting" is paraphrasing, but I see you are not there on that one.

Obama came out with some madness as well...

Comment

I think he woke up after a dull bit of chat that he was not listening to and got asked to say something so he banged together some tulip from what he though he heard that was a bit of a ramble. It's basically every meeting I ever went to as a contractor.

Did he say "drink bleach"? Only someone with reduced mental ability would claim that.

I'm also going to suggest that starting and ending a statement with "I think you said" and "sounds interesting" is paraphrasing, but I see you are not there on that one.

Obama came out with some madness as well...

So that's not sarcasm or satire or paraphrasing. It's talking tulip. Find on CUK or in a work ,meeting, but he's POTUS at a press briefing. Completely unfit for office.

Comment

Well, when Biden starts waffling some gibberish about Corn Pop at the debates I'm sure the electorate will make a decision on who is the fittest for office.

Comment

The left can't meme
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Yeah, so I watched part of it at the time. There is a conversation about bleach, disinfectants, the virus in the lungs and saliva just before he comes on. He makes a half hearted attempt to sum up the chat he has not been listening to and it's a bit of a ramble.

Then a minute later he is asked "There’s no scenario that that could be injected into a person, is there?"

and Trump says...

"It wouldn’t be through injection. We’re talking about through almost a cleaning, sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work. But it certainly has a big effect if it’s on a stationary object."

And he is grasping the chat was about cleaning. Then crucially nobody in the room brings it up again as nobody really though he was saying "inject bleach". The chat is about semi porous surfaces, UV light and temperatures.
                    Nice try, lets see what he actually said:

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Perhaps the FDA should approve the treatment of COVID19 by injecting cleaning fluid directly into the lungs.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X