• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2020 US Presidential Election thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Yup, the swamp/drain the swamp is about DC corruption and has been used for decades w/r to DC politics/big gov't - at least as far back as Reagan, and probably much further - nothing to do with conspiracies.
    Maybe Jog On is trying to say that the corruption is a facet of the Deep State - you know, the one that may be trying to delay a vaccine until after the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      With your crystal ball, you should lock in the 13/10 odds for Trump while you can.
      10/11 now. Trump now has the votes to win with that last 7 days.

I have never seen anyone that can campaign as effectively as Trump. Not even close.

Comment

Keep on drinking the Kool-Aid
        Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        10/11 now. Trump now has the votes to win with that last 7 days.

I have never seen anyone that can campaign as effectively as Trump. Not even close.
        Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The swamp/deep state aren't going to accept a Trump victory either way by looks of things.

“We’ve got to have a massive legal operation, I know the Biden campaign is working on that… Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances”
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            The swamp/deep state aren't going to accept a Trump victory either way by looks of things.
            If there is a "deep state" after 4 years of Trump being responsible for all Government appointments then his presidency has been an abject failure and he should be replaced.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              If there is a "deep state" after 4 years of Trump being responsible for all Government appointments then his presidency has been an abject failure and he should be replaced.
              What are you basing that on?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                What are you basing that on?
                The American constitution

U.S. Senate: Nominations: A Historical Overview

The United States Constitution provides that the president "shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the Supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for..." (Article II, section 2). This provision, like many others in the Constitution, was born of compromise, and, over the more than two centuries since its adoption, has inspired widely varying interpretations.
                Trump made an election to promise to "clean out the swamp" and after 4 years has clearly failed, as he's still complaining about it. For two years he had a clean sweep of the Senate and House of Representatives. There's no point in re-electing him.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Nice try, lets see what he actually said:

Yeah Trump was horrible in his handling of Covid and basically every interaction with the press. He had done an amazing job with economy + foreign policy prior to Covid-19 and would have easily been reelected without Covid. Trump should be way behind in the polls right now.

But instead now he is doing well in polls again because democrats for some reason have been supporting the anarchy and riots and murders happening out there and no matter which side you fall on the vast majority of people value peace and order. The majority of people don't support defunding of police.

If the anarchy continues and democrats continue to support it Trump should win by a massive margin. I feel like they will probably pivot relatively soon though and start condemning the riots/anarchy/violence.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                    Yeah Trump was horrible in his handling of Covid and basically every interaction with the press. He had done an amazing job with economy + foreign policy prior to Covid-19 and would have easily been reelected without Covid. Trump should be way behind in the polls right now.

But instead now he is doing well in polls again because democrats for some reason have been supporting the anarchy and riots and murders happening out there and no matter which side you fall on the vast majority of people value peace and order. The majority of people don't support defunding of police.

If the anarchy continues and democrats continue to support it Trump should win by a massive margin. I feel like they will probably pivot relatively soon though and start condemning the riots/anarchy/violence.
                    Doing well in the polls is relative

Biden vs Trump: US presidential election 2020 poll tracker
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I've seen polls that were just released showing trump leading, I'll see if I can dig them up later when I have more time. I didn't know there were polls saying otherwise.

I do anticipate democrats to flip on the riots though regardless. I can't see them continuing to support them until the election.

Comment

Working...
                      X