• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2020 US Presidential Election thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    I've seen polls that were just released showing trump leading, I'll see if I can dig them up later when I have more time. I didn't know there were polls saying otherwise.

I do anticipate democrats to flip on the riots though regardless. I can't see them continuing to support them until the election.
    He's doing better, but still trailing.

Trump Pulls Closer to Biden After RNC

Former Vice President Joe Biden leads President Trump 50% to 44% among likely voters following the Republican National Convention vs. a lead of 52% to 42% before it began.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I've seen polls that were just released showing trump leading, I'll see if I can dig them up later when I have more time. I didn't know there were polls saying otherwise.

I do anticipate democrats to flip on the riots though regardless. I can't see them continuing to support them until the election.
      From what I can see the dems are preparing to lose and mount a massive legal challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I don't think there are any (recent) nationwide polls showing a Trump lead. There are some polls for battleground states that compare unfavourably to Clinton at the same stage in 2016, but that is a nonsensical comparison because the polling methods are quite different now (in how they weight for demographics following Trump's win).

Comment

Latest Polls | FiveThirtyEight
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            From what I can see the dems are preparing to lose and mount a massive legal challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            But then you look in some pretty weird places.

It's Trump who refuses to say if he'll accept losing, and the Repugnants are already mounting legal challenges to the democratic process: Supreme Court rejects GOP effort to tighten Rhode Island mail-in voting rules

Comment

I was originally referring to this poll I had read. I understand this is a single poll though and the gains Trump made in other polls are smaller.

US election 2020: Trump handed huge boost as Biden makes major mistake - Exclusive poll | World | News | Express.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                But then you look in some pretty weird places.

It's Trump who refuses to say if he'll accept losing, and the Repugnants are already mounting legal challenges to the democratic process: Supreme Court rejects GOP effort to tighten Rhode Island mail-in voting rules
                USA is not turkey, it doesn't matter what Trump or Biden thinks, neither will be able to get a new election or do anything meaningful through legal challenges.

Comment

I was originally referring to this poll I had read. I understand this is a single poll though and the gains Trump made in other polls are smaller.

US election 2020: Trump handed huge boost as Biden makes major mistake - Exclusive poll | World | News | Express.co.uk
                  Pffft. The DI is a libertarian think tank. Load of crap, certainly wouldn’t trust, especially as it’s a massive outlier, even to the most favourable recent (Rasmussen) poll.

Comment

USA is not turkey, it doesn't matter what Trump or Biden thinks, neither will be able to get a new election or do anything meaningful through legal challenges.
                    George W Bush stopped the count in Florida.

Comment

It's all going to end in tears...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X