• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else feeling super positive about the future?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does the congregation reckon that folk will start having their 1 year old on-the-never-never cars repo'ed? I wouldn't mind a bargain nearly new EV (via the company).

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Negative.
      A negative test is normally a good thing ...... in this instance though, probably best you stay out of England as we seem to have millions of idiots on a self destruct course.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Negative.
        What rotten luck. So now you have to carry on worrying about catching it!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          A negative test is normally a good thing ...... in this instance though, probably best you stay out of England as we seem to have millions of idiots on a self destruct course.
          A negative covid-19 test is a good thing. It means you probably don't currently have the disease. A positive covid-19 antibody test is a good thing - it's means you've had it and so probably have some immunity.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          What rotten luck. So now you have to carry on worrying about catching it!
          Chances are I've not had it, but it is possible that people might have it, recover and not have any antibodies to it after a while. It's also possible that the you get a negative result, have had it and are immune.

In the meantime, I'm staying in my cellar where it's safe.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            *cough*
            Put a face mask on and quarantine yourself for 14 days.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

EVs & used cars will hold their value.

Comment

A negative covid-19 test is a good thing. It means you probably don't currently have the disease. A positive covid-19 antibody test is a good thing - it's means you've had it and so probably have some immunity.

Chances are I've not had it, but it is possible that people might have it, recover and not have any antibodies to it after a while. It's also possible that the you get a negative result, have had it and are immune.

In the meantime, I'm staying in my cellar where it's safe.
                I tested positive for CV-19 in BKK when in hospital earlier this year, but my 2x antigen tests have been negative. This virus is a weird one.

Comment

I don't know yet whether to feel super positive about the future. I may or may not be lookng at a contract for some works on the yacht Ragnar RAGNAR Yacht - Project by ICON Yachts if one of my big clients lays their hands on it, which would bring, well, some serious income. I just hope they're going to like the boat, or that they'll at least quickly find another good one
                  Last edited by Hokum50; 22 August 2020, 09:10.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    I tested positive for CV-19 in BKK when in hospital earlier this year, but my 2x antigen tests have been negative. This virus is a weird one.
                    Oh tulip
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wasn’t it that when the population goes onto a negative path. It’s like those birds that commit suicide in mass.
                      Some theory of chaos... you need a major event to reset the spirit. Probably how WWI or WWII happened. Than we had a period of irrational exuberance.
                      Now covid hit but it doesn’t actually feel like it.
                      So the question is, do we get a war? Is is orchestrated by the rulling class or just the normal course of nature.

Do I get arrested by MI5 after this?
                      Last edited by GigiBronz; 21 August 2020, 23:42.

Comment

Working...
                      X