• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vaccine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    Having a partner who's in the medical field means lots of people knew this already. There's "a" vaccine but it's not effective against 98% of the current strains of covid19, so caveat emptor.

Nobody says that a lunatic doesn't sometimes say the odd true thing, but in this case you were just the messenger lad from someone in the medical field. You're a conspiracy anti-established fact attention seeking tool. The main issue is your son: people feel sorry for kids that have a father like you. I say father, as it takes a higher caliber of person to be a dad.

Comment

Mmmm....

Greg Clark, the chair of the science committee, says that after Kate Bingham’s appointment as head of the government’s vaccine taskforce, the government said it had signed an agreement to make 30m doses of the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine available by September. He asks if they are ready.

No, says Bingham.

She says the 30m figure was based on scaling up happening at a certain rate. But that has not happened, she says.

Clark says the 30m doses announcement was intended to reassure the public.

Q: How many doses might be available, in the next few weeks?

Bingham says at the moment the figure is in the low millions. She says by the end of the year there should be about 4m doses should be available.
      Jeremy Hunt, the chair of the health committee, asked Bingham what the chances were of getting a vaccine that would be able to “wipe out” coronavirus.

“Very slim,” said Bingham. But she said the chances of getting a vaccine that could reduce illness and mortality were “very high”.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        GPs told to prepare as it is happening before Christmas.

2 doses. Must be 28 days after flu jag.

Planning to use football stadiums.

( Disclaimer: If anyone asks me about this I'll say I made it all up )
        Nah it's not.

Full article and quotes from Hancock here : Covid vaccine could be rolled out by NHS '''within weeks,''' says Matt Hancock — but he expects to wait until 2021

The NHS is ready to roll out a coronavirus vaccine within weeks “in case everything goes perfectly,” Matt Hancock has said, but the Health Secretary warned that his “central expectation” is that the process would not be completed until mid-2021.

Quizzed about whether there would be some roll-out of a vaccine this year, Mr Hancock told the BBC: “Well, I don’t rule that out, but that is not my central expectation. The vaccine programme is progressing well. The leading candidates we’re in very close contact with. On my central expectation, I would expect the bulk of the roll-out to be in the first half of next year. Nevertheless, of course, we’re doing the preparatory work now for how that will be rolled out.

“We’ve got the joint committee on vaccinations and immunisations has set out the order of priority and, of course, we’re doing the logistical work led by the NHS, working with the armed services who are playing an important role in the logistics of it, to ensure that we have that roll-out programme ready, but preparing for a roll-out and actually having the stuff to roll out are two different things.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The devil is in the detail. The vaccine could be ready in December for those over 85 years of old.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            The devil is in the detail. The vaccine could be ready in December for those over 85 years of old.

Who would never make it to a football stadium.

...but in his defence, he didn't specify a year.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I think you mean brain donor
              FTFY

Comment

I've got to hand it to you, by not putting in a year it appears you might have partially guessed correctly. The Pfizer one should be available to the UK by Christmas... next year. The first 50 million vaccines will be going to US. None officially expected here for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I've got to hand it to you, by not putting in a year it appears you might have partially guessed correctly. The Pfizer one should be available to the UK by Christmas... next year. The first 50 million vaccines will be going to US. None officially expected here for a while.
                  Such a fuss over a little prick.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

In the meantime, the Principality Stadium in Cardiff (A rugby venue, not soccer), will remain set up as a Nightingale hospital. People being brought there are not going to get the vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveCortes;Trump campaign senior advisor for strategy
                      Amazing vaccine news! Huge achievement for the scientists and Operation Warp Speed under President Trump’s leadership.
                      The problem with this is:

Pfizer, unlike its competitors, did not join Operation Warp Speed, the government initiative designed to erase the financial risk of vaccine and therapeutics development by providing funding to companies and helping coordinate the trials. Instead, Pfizer plowed $2 billion of its own money into the project.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X