• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: The autumn Budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: The autumn Budget

"Rishi Sunak is weighing options to shelve his autumn Budget — billed as the defining economic moment for Boris Johnson’s government — if Britain is hit by a big second wave of coronavirus.

While the chancellor expects to deliver his Budget as planned, it is a sign of government anxiety over a possible autumn Covid-19 spike that he is ready to delay big public spending decisions until after the crisis."

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

If?

Short stay of execution from new massive taxes "on those with broadest shoulders"

"The chancellor wants his Budget to set the economic agenda running up to an election in 2024 or 2025, allocating cash for the prime minister’s “levelling up” plan to spread economic prosperity.

He also wants to set out a timetable for restoring order to the public finances, controlling the deficit and cutting debt interest payments, which are expected to involve significant tax rises later in the parliament."

Comment

Seeing as CV-19 has a discernable effect on only about 1 in 1000 people, and the Russkies apparently tested their new supposed super-duper vaccine on only 35 people, I have my doubts on the thoroughness of the vaccine testing and the chances they will have identified any potential snags.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Seeing as CV-19 has a discernable effect on only about 1 in 1000 people, and the Russkies apparently tested their new supposed super-duper vaccine on only 35 people, I have my doubts on the thoroughness of the vaccine testing and the chances they will have identified any potential snags.
        Your fears are misplaced, tovarisch, Russian vaccine will become the most tested vaccine in the history of vaccination.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Your fears are misplaced, tovarisch, Russian vaccine will become the most tested vaccine in the history of vaccination.
          Haven't I seen that vid? I am Leg End or something similar.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Hehe. Fair enough, but it reminds me of one contract I had when I asked about testing web app changes before rolling them out, to be met with derision and being assured there was nothing to worry about because the customers tested the changes once they had gone live!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Hehe. Fair enough, but it reminds me of one contract I had when I asked about testing web app changes before rolling them out, to be met with derision and being assured there was nothing to worry about because the customers tested the changes once they had gone live!
              You got it.

Comment

WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  WTF
                  At least 10 out of 1000 dies from Covid-19, but Owlhook can discern it in just 1 in 1000

Comment

At least 10 out of 1000 dies from Covid-19, but Owlhook can discern it in just 1 in 1000
                    He can't discern his arse from his elbow. He and pooper should team up into a Covid financial planning outfit and we'll know to do the opposite. T

Comment

Working...
                    X