• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: House prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: House prices

“ In a report, the think tank says that higher unemployment, falling incomes and the risk of more restrictive lending will hinder first-time buyers. If the average first-time buyer loan-to-value ratio falls to 80 per cent, as it did in the wake of financial crisis, by 2024 the typical number of years required to save for a deposit will have risen to 27 even if house prices fell by 22 per cent, it says.”

Housing market could see boom followed by bust | Business | The Times

This is crazy that first time buyers thing they want to buy is a house. Why not buy a tent first, learn everything about it and then gradually build your portfolio from there.

Comment

Didn't boris order to build build build?

There's going to be houses for everyone, no need to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

Didn't boris order to build build build? ..
        God, what a pathetic, tawdry, outdated vision.

I'm pretty disillusioned with Boris, and I strongly suspect he will stitch us up over Brexit, for example by agreeing to this "level playing field" bollox
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I'm pretty disillusioned with Boris
          Really? 'Pretty' disillusioned ...

I strongly suspect he will stitch us up over Brexit, for example by agreeing to this "level playing field" bollox
          I suspect Boris and the Tories will do what suits Boris and the Tories. If you think that the Tories ever have the people's best interest at heart....
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

God, what a pathetic, tawdry, outdated vision.

I'm pretty disillusioned with Boris, and I strongly suspect he will stitch us up over Brexit, for example by agreeing to this "level playing field" bollox
            Understatement of the millennium!

A joke and shower of a govt.

I'd rather have 1000 years of Gordon Brown on his worst day that these tards.

But still better than Komrade Korbyn

Comment

Just seen a 7-bed detached in Newquay dropped from £2.5m to £2.15m; it had been for sale for some time though, so perhaps the owners need the dosh much more now. Needs extensive renovation inside apparently so perhaps they've had to deal with some unpleasant truths from the estate agent.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Just seen a 7-bed detached in Newquay dropped from £2.5m to £2.15m; it had been for sale for some time though, so perhaps the owners need the dosh much more now. Needs extensive renovation inside apparently so perhaps they've had to deal with some unpleasant truths from the estate agent.
                Stamp duty on it (as 2nd home): £221,250.00

There is one nice house locally that is in that range - been on the market for the last 5 years, maybe a lot more!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Stamp duty on it (as 2nd home): £221,250.00

There is one nice house locally that is in that range - been on the market for the last 5 years, maybe a lot more!
                  Hardly a second home for most. If I had that sort of money, I wouldn't still be in Manchester, as endearing as it is (or is that was?)
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Hardly a second home for most. If I had that sort of money, I wouldn't still be in Manchester, as endearing as it is (or is that was?)
                    Are you having a laff m8?

Buying a 2 mln quid place and not having any other properties (abroad also counts as it turned out)?

Comment

Working...
                    X