• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: House prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini house-buying boom leads to highest ever monthly price - BBC News

House prices hit a new all time high in July as the property market gradually reopened, after being put on pause during the coronavirus lockdown.

According to the latest Halifax House Price Index the average price of a home was £241,604 last month, 1.7% higher than June's £237,834.

Prices are 3.8% higher than July 2019.
    Me 'ouse it me pension

Retirement is looking sweet, with stock market, gold and property portfolio bulging with profits.

Comment

Prawn cocktails all around!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Hardly a second home for most. If I had that sort of money, I wouldn't still be in Manchester, as endearing as it is (or is that was?)
        Nothing wrong with Manchester when it's not in lockdown...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Prawn cocktails all around!
          Only for the mega successful, never make a loss, Scooty
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Stamp duty on it (as 2nd home): £221,250.00

oh dang. you can buy a fairly decent flat for that price everywhere in the UK except London.

Comment

Working...
            X