• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No taking Covid seriously

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Bring back hanging?

Now yer talking.

Boris Boris Boris.
      Boris Boris Boris.
      Boris Boris Boris.
      Boris Boris Boris.
      Boris Boris Boris.
      Boris Boris Boris.
      Boris Boris Boris.
      Boris Boris Boris.
      Boris Boris Boris.
      Boris Boris Boris.
      Boris Boris Boris.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
        It's winter there right? Not really comparable.

I do noticed people have completely stopped caring here. At this point just declare the response over and go on with our lives, let what happens, happen.
        Think about what will happen in winter HERE with 1k cases per day in super hot summer...

Comment

Here in Cloggers no one gives a crap, the rules are stupidly relaxed and despite rising numbers the government here still haven't done anything.

People are behaving as if everything is normal again.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Tory policy is led by the reaction from the public. The public clearly don't want to be locked down anymore and would rather head to the beach, pub, house party .... Boris is giving the British public want they want/deserve. The people voted in a populist government so what do we expect?

If the people said to bring back hanging tomorrow, the Tories would. Anything to win a few more votes even if it's the wrong thing to do
            No, that's not how it works - populist only give people what they want as long as it's does not contradict their business interests - in this case Tories just like Rep/GOP Are totally in bed with big sponsors who would rather see 2% of UK population die than have stock market drop due to short term loss of revenue.

Comment

In my nice area in Bham people are still careful - 90%+ masks inside Waitrose, social distancing - but I don't get out enough in peak times (Friday/Saturday) to see what happens in pubs.

Oveall in Bham infections are up nearly 3 times in the last 6 weeks, expecting lockdown shortly, so ordered a lot of beer kegs for me new beer on tap at home battle stations...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                In my nice area in Bham people are still careful - 90%+ masks inside Waitrose, social distancing - but I don't get out enough in peak times (Friday/Saturday) to see what happens in pubs.

Oveall in Bham infections are up nearly 3 times in the last 6 weeks, expecting lockdown shortly, so ordered a lot of beer kegs for me new beer on tap at home battle stations...

You have moved up in the world.

Comment

No, that's not how it works - populist only give people what they want as long as it's does not contradict their business interests - in this case Tories just like Rep/GOP Are totally in bed with big sponsors who would rather see 2% of UK population die than have stock market drop due to short term loss of revenue.
                  Really? They did a good job of destroying a bunch of businesses small, medium, and large.

I think this was just incompetence... They went half in so they ****ed the economy and still had a fairly high body count.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                    Really? They did a good job of destroying a bunch of businesses small, medium, and large.

I think this was just incompetence... They went half in so they ****ed the economy and still had a fairly high body count.
                    Sure thing, they are incompetent - they did not want to do lockdown, so did it too late, which meant it would have to be harsher than they wanted to do and longer then they wanted, all because they did not do it early AND hard enough.

Cases will explode in September and this virus loves nice cold 4C environment, which we'll get plenty of soon.

Comment

Sure thing, they are incompetent - they did not want to do lockdown, so did it too late, which meant it would have to be harsher than they wanted to do and longer then they wanted, all because they did not do it early AND hard enough.
                      Well if you are too busy going on holiday and ensuring your partner has her baby shower then obviously you won't realise how serious a disease is and that it isn't like flu.

Cases will explode in September and this virus loves nice cold 4C environment, which we'll get plenty of soon.
                      When the schools go back?

Interestingly none of the metropolitian Mayors have been to a COBRA meeting for a few months.....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X