• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No taking Covid seriously

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No taking Covid seriously

Just off my weekly call with supplier in OZ

There are in level 4 lockdown, curfews, exercise once a day, not allowed more than 1km from home, need a official pass to go into office etc

Oz new cases 316, deaths 331, total cases 21K

Uk new cases 1148, deaths 48K, total cases 312K

Think I will wonder down for a pub lunch later to ponder why Uk is so high

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

It's winter there right? Not really comparable.

I do noticed people have completely stopped caring here. At this point just declare the response over and go on with our lives, let what happens, happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Just off my weekly call with supplier in OZ

There are in level 4 lockdown, curfews, exercise once a day, not allowed more than 1km from home, need a official pass to go into office etc

Oz new cases 316, deaths 331, total cases 21K

Uk new cases 1148, deaths 48K, total cases 312K

Think I will wonder down for a pub lunch later to ponder why Uk is so high

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Melbourne eh? I was supposed to be there. Then the GP was cancelled. Was going to use it as a base for a while.

Never mind, it appears that 'spoons has convinced the UK that COVID is over so I get to avoid the lock down.`

-My neighbour is the head of external communications for a reasonable large city. Despite plastering the town with "Welcome back shopping" signs, neither she or her family have left her manor house once, so all should be OK for us Brits.
      Last edited by clearedforlanding; 13 August 2020, 08:19. Reason: wo5rds

Comment

Coronavirus: England death count review reduces UK toll by 5,000 - BBC News

Comment

I do think that people in some areas aren't taking Covid seriously anymore. Social distancing is out from what I can see.

But, I think you have to be careful in comparing Covid rates in the UK with Australia or NZ. Different size countries, populations, densities etc.

And you know what we do need the economy to be functioning. Lots of people are going to lose their jobs and homes very soon.

Comment

Google Image Result for https://i1.wp.com/politicallyincorrecthumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/grim-reaper-coronavirus-economic-collapse-poverty-turn.jpg?resize=520%2C372&ssl=1

Comment

Tory policy is led by the reaction from the public. The public clearly don't want to be locked down anymore and would rather head to the beach, pub, house party .... Boris is giving the British public want they want/deserve. The people voted in a populist government so what do we expect?

If the people said to bring back hanging tomorrow, the Tories would. Anything to win a few more votes even if it's the wrong thing to do
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Tory policy is led by the reaction from the public. The public clearly don't want to be locked down anymore and would rather head to the beach, pub, house party .... Boris is giving the British public want they want/deserve. The people voted in a populist government so what do we expect?

If the people said to bring back hanging tomorrow, the Tories would. Anything to win a few more votes even if it's the wrong thing to do
                Sunak’s Specials

Comment

People soon forget the scenes in Madrid and Northern Italy earlier in the year.

It will take a grim winter before people take it seriously. Of course the grim winter may not materialise - lots of uncertainty still.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

In your opinion, that's the problem with democracy, people don't always agree with your individual moral certitude.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X