• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

******* tired of courgettes & tomatoes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

******* tired of courgettes & tomatoes

Soon it is going to be apples & pears. Any tips for picking these? I will need the cider to drown the memories of eating courgettes for the past couple of months.

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Soon it is going to be apples & pears. Any tips for picking these? I will need the cider to drown the memories of eating courgettes for the past couple of months.
    I've had good courgettes and I never get sick of them. I recommend with spaghetti and pistachio pesto.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I've had good courgettes and I never get sick of them. I recommend with spaghetti and pistachio pesto.
      Cheers. I too love courgettes, just not this many.

Had tomato & courgette spaghetti yesterday - will try with pistachio in a couple of days.

Comment

I don't think I could ever get bored of tomatoes.

Look up Turlu Turlu - it's a bit like a ratatouille, which is also delish. Use up the tomatoes to make the sauce base and chargrill the courgettes and any other veg you have to hand to use them up. They're great dishes for getting rid of surplus veg.

Comment

Had ratatouille last night, Mr C is getting the hang on this cooking lark.

We still have weeks of tomato eating ahead...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Haven't had a courgette for ages but have had a lot of zucchinis recently :-)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I don't think I could ever get bored of tomatoes.

Look up Turlu Turlu - it's a bit like a ratatouille, which is also delish. Use up the tomatoes to make the sauce base and chargrill the courgettes and any other veg you have to hand to use them up. They're great dishes for getting rid of surplus veg.
              I love tomatoes too. A decent bruschetta will use up piles of tomatoes.

As a variant, for breakfast, try Pan con tomate: Spanish style toast with tomato – Tasty Mediterraneo which is my go to breakfast when in Spain.

Comment

Male Courgette flowers stuffed with cheese are divine.

Comment

Tomatoes nice, courgettes - yech. Why there was never a film "Attack of the Killer Courgettes"
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

A timely thread as we also have a glut of courgettes. Green beans have been frozen. Potatoes and onions are now fruiting. The first season trying to grow squash and pumpkins and it looks like we will be overrun with those as well.

The small tomatoes don't even make it to the kitchen, far to delicious to share with the kids.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X