• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there no end to this PC/Woke madness?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there no end to this PC/Woke madness?

Look you can stop hiring white, middle age men, you can blame us gammon types for Brexit. You can make Top Gear unfunny.

But don't touch my ******* BBQ.

Meet the chef with a burning ambition to teach women the lost art of 'fire cooking' | Daily Mail Online

**Trigger warning - DM article.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Look you can stop hiring white, middle age men, you can blame us gammon types for Brexit. You can make Top Gear unfunny.

Meet the chef with a burning ambition to teach women the lost art of 'fire cooking' | Daily Mail Online

I quite like the new Top Gears. Chris Evans was tulipe, but since he left it's been pretty good. I was surprised by Freddy and Paddy but they do the show justice, and I'm a big fan of Chris Harris.

As for blaming you gammons for the vote in 2016 ... nah, all water under the bridge. It's too funny now to not enjoy the ride ..... weeeeee weeeeee, again, again ...... weeeeeee
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Shock Horror! wimmin who like to BBQ! Who'd have thunk it.

She's been running courses for years and certainly knows her stuff.

I've also run BBQ classes for women and men. Often women feel intimidated by attending classes that are predominately men when in comes to BBQ, so prefer to have courses with just all women.

I've been BBQing for over 20 odd years and my other half thankfully has no interest in it. If he touched me BBQ or smokers there would be trouble!

So would you also have a problem with this place ? Run by two women?????????
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Francis Mallman is a VERY interesting man....3 Star Michelin chef and his specialty is Fire (and potatoes...)

https://www.netflix.com/watch/800079...b%2Cunknown%2Chttps://www.netflix.com/watch/800079...b%2Cunknown%2C
        Last edited by Scruff; 13 August 2020, 10:22. Reason: Tutch tiping is Tulip today...
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Indeed why shouldn't the wimmin stand by a hot smoky fire for hours to feed me? Seems reasonable.

Trying to train my two eldest, so I have more time to drink beer at barbies.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Shock Horror! wimmin who like to BBQ! Who'd have thunk it.

She's been running courses for years and certainly knows her stuff.

I've also run BBQ classes for women and men. Often women feel intimidated by attending classes that are predominately men when in comes to BBQ, so prefer to have courses with just all women.

I've been BBQing for over 20 odd years and my other half thankfully has no interest in it. If he touched me BBQ or smokers there would be trouble!

So would you also have a problem with this place ? Run by two women?????????
            oy, you come near my BBQ and you are in trouble, it's the mans domain.

If in a lesbian household the women that identifies as the man in the relationship gets to do it - no sexism here love.

It's been like that for literarily for 2.6 million years, since the caveman was cooking stegosaurus on an open fire, whilst the women folk did the vegetables.

I've never heard of that restaurant, but if they came to my garden and started trying to touch my BBQ, well, I wouldn't be able to contain my anger and would mutter quite loudly to myself.

Comment

oy, you come near my BBQ and you are in trouble, it's the mans domain.

If in a lesbian household the women that identifies as the man in the relationship gets to do it - no sexism here love.

It's been like that for literarily for 2.6 million years, since the caveman was cooking stegosaurus on an open fire, whilst the women folk did the vegetables.

I've never heard of that restaurant, but if they came to my garden and started trying to touch my BBQ, well, I wouldn't be able to contain my anger and would mutter quite loudly to myself.
              There are those of us who beg to differ dearie! You stick to your BBQ and I'll stick to mine!

It's the same attitude I've encountered at BBQ competitions and probably the same attitude I'll encounter when I set up my BBQ cook school, but it hasn't stopped major brands such as Big Green Egg enlisting me as their ambassador.

BBQ Women - Female Pitmasters and Experts - Thrillist
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Gosh.

This has brought back memories of my very late Gran busily cooking all sorts of stuff on the open fire in the kitchen.

Particularly effective with kippers since the stink vanishes up the chimney and you know they're done when the fat is dripping into the fire.

Stone me, that's more than half a century ago now.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Some good ideas for you here:

Gammon steaks on the barbecue recipe - All recipes UK

Comment

oy, you come near my BBQ and you are in trouble, it's the mans domain. ...
                    Sorry, but if it's a choice between your barbeque and norrahe's, she wins hands down!

Oh and on the subject of wokeness, we're not supposed to call things "tobacco coloured" any more :

2020-08-11 Marks & Spencer apologises for calling bra colour in their lingerie line 'tobacco' following complaint that the name has 'negative connotations'

Seriously, why do these pathetic companies take any notice and indulge these vexatious attention-seeking complaints?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X