• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there no end to this PC/Woke madness?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women: Know Your Limits! Harry Enfield - BBC comedy - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I will say one thing though and I’m serious about this, gas bbq’s are outdoor ovens, coal rules and **** you mods.
      Coal? And you call yourself a man (or ape?). Real men use wood. If the smoker isn't registering 350°C, it just isn't hot enough. You should get 2nd degree burns just looking at the bbq.

Mine is something like this, but with a bigger pipe (of course).
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Coal? And you call yourself a man (or ape?). Real men use wood. If the smoker isn't registering 350°C, it just isn't hot enough. You should get 2nd degree burns just looking at the bbq.

Mine is something like this, but with a bigger pipe (of course).
        I kneel in deference. But we agree, **** gas?

Comment

norrahe, I admire anyone that makes a success of their talent and I would love to visit your bbq school, if only to tut passively aggressively at the back of the class.

It was just a bit of banter, apologies if my humour fell flat, saying all that don’t touch my Weber bbq.
          Webers are for losers

Sorry if I missed the joke but it's a mare getting accepted in this business and you often get passed over for work in favour of blokes who haven't a clue. I thought working in the city was bad enough.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            The Hangfire ladies are the best. It's a great place if you can ever get a table.
            Not sure when I'll make it back to blighty again, wot with this pandemic and all that. I do want to go to their place.
            You still have your egg????
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Maybe it's this predilection for burning stuff that's why so many blokes think that serving up a black acrid semi raw drumstick is acceptable BBQ.
              Kinda why I started BBQing, as my housemates (all blokes) used to burn stuff and give us all food poisoning.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Webers are for losers

Sorry if I missed the joke but it's a mare getting accepted in this business and you often get passed over for work in favour of blokes who haven't a clue. I thought working in the city was bad enough.
                No need to apologise, my humour has been missing the mark lately. And when you do open a school put me down, unless you use a gas bbq.

I will ignore your Weber remark, and put this down to women’s hysteria.

Comment

No need to apologise, my humour has been missing the mark lately. And when you do open a school put me down, unless you use a gas bbq.

It is a gas BBQ school, even my Big Green Eggs are gas powered, honest

Charcoal is all icky and horrible.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Having met woohoo I can only say I saw his comments as banter and not a dig at the female of the species having the temerity to command fire like a god.

Being a really crap cook, any day I don't end up with a lump of coal that was supposed to be dinner is a bonus and I live in awe of anyone who produces food irrespective of their reproductive parts

Comment

Fingers crossed norrahe is also a trained vet and takes you literally again.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X