• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Level Screw Up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The truth is out there.

Just not out of your mouth...
    It’s the legacy of Blair Brown and secondary schools getting golden / preferential treatment.

Nice to see the rebalance TBF.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

You can tell which education systems are still controlled by the unions.

As soon as I heard they were calling Sturgeon the "grade snatcher" I knew she was going to fold. Thatcher still lives rent free in that woman's bobbly head.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I don't. Is there any evidence that the number of kids resorting to clearance has increased?
        This government is totally incompetent
        Almost goes without saying.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If Govt members were competent, why would not they work in the private sector instead, taking advantage of incompetent Govt members?

Comment

Half the BBC's titles are in this form now. Get a word from an opinion and form an editorial headline.

The only difference between the BBC news site and the guardian is a few quotation marks.

Comment

Given that it is kids in the poorer areas that are being impacted the worst I wonder if they will remember this at the next GE. Not exactly the way the Tories should be thanking those who got them into No.10

As someone who went to a low achieving school in a deprived area I'm kind of biased on this one. I was one of only 6 who went on to get a degree in my year, out of 330 kids. Sad thing is, kids in my class could have pushed harder at school but they were always given the message that degrees are for posh kids and that the jobs for us were in the factories, council YTS (remember those?) or similar.

This was an opportunity to get kids into Uni who maybe wouldn't normally have a chance. Give them a helping hand for once. But no, instead the Tories have given a hand to those already in a privileged position (public schools, small classes, private tuition) and pulled the ladder up again on those who really need assistance.

But hey, isn't this always the case? And yet the poorer classes will still vote Tory as they somehow believe that they are on their side.

Oh well.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Half the BBC's titles are in this form now. Get a word from an opinion and form an editorial headline.

The only difference between the BBC news site and the guardian is a few quotation marks.
                Maybe this is because it is such an important story? Maybe it's because so many Brits are impacted by this? Or, maybe it's aimed at triggering twunts like you?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Maybe this is because it is such an important story? Maybe it's because so many Brits are impacted by this? Or, maybe it's aimed at triggering twunts like you?
                  I dont know, maybe they could have went with "Educational Dunning Kruger effect is detectable in exam results as the teachers with the greatest self regard for their skills have the lowest grades"

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I dont know, maybe they could have went with "Educational Dunning Kruger effect is detectable in exam results as the teachers with the greatest self regard for their skills have the lowest grades"
                    You don't like teachers do you? Why not show us on a little dolly where you was touched by the bad teacher?

Comment

Grading boundaries shift every year based on the test results.

Schools supplied expecting results A, B, C and also ranked students in order.

The algorithm used the schools previous years results to calculate the expected grades.

Now.. look at your own kids school results, and you see a familiar pattern over the years.

Lots of schools with poor performance ratings, massively inflated results. There was no alternative.

Also, the kids have, mocks and resits as a fall back which is a massive advantage.

To allow predicted grades after teachers took the piss would be a massive slap in the face to students who actually deserved them.

Agree with the government on this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X