• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for my fellow left handers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Unfortunately, ambidextrous is usually caused by lack of oxygen at birth. Also, i dont think true ambidextrous exists.

I dont mean this as an insult, i write left handed but throw with my right hand. Im sure there is a term for this but cant remember. But for a long time i thought i was ambidextrous.
    It's called cross dominance.. not to be confused with your cross dressing dominatrix activities.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm sure there is a term for this but cant remember.
      There is "genetic mutant freak".
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is a neat study, because it used Wisden and I like cricket.

Evidence for longevity differences between left handed and right handed men: an archival study of cricketers.

Essentially, there is good data on handedness for male first class cricketers. Right-handed cricketers live longer, but that appears to be down to more deaths in left-handed cricketers, caused by accident or in warfare. Obvious conclusion: society and the military are (were) designed with right-handed people in mind and this impacts adversely on left-handed people.

Comment

Unfortunately, ambidextrous is usually caused by lack of oxygen at birth. Also, i dont think true ambidextrous exists.

I dont mean this as an insult, i write left handed but throw with my right hand. Im sure there is a term for this but cant remember. But for a long time i thought i was ambidextrous.
          Mate of mine is right handed, writes with right, throws with right, kicks right footed .... yet played snooker/pool left handed

I taught myself to play left handed at a few sports (pool/snooker, bat at cricket) but I was never near as good as right handed. I do wonder though with some of this it's down to how you learn .... could we all be left handed at writing, for example, if we're taught to write with our left hands?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Left-handedness is recessive. Both parents can be right-handed and the sprog be left. But even so - they're still genetic mutant freaks.

My brother is ambisinistrous. Equally kack-handed with both hands.

You keep telling yourself that !

Is Suity left handed
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think it's quite normal for people to be a bit of both, depending on the task.

I seem to recall my brother as being right handed for writing but plays football left footed, not sure where he stuck the cue stick when he used to play pub league pool. He has his cutlery round the wrong way.

I am very clearly right-side dominant. I can't think of anything I do better with my left hand, other than operate the left side of the keyboard. I even wear a watch on my right wrist as it just feels wrong on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                There is "genetic mutant freak".
                Racism or at least handism. 7 day ban, please mods. (well the decent ones anyway).

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

How does that affect your golf? Can you play with both sides?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I think it's quite normal for people to be a bit of both, depending on the task.

I seem to recall my brother as being right handed for writing but plays football left footed, not sure where he stuck the cue stick when he used to play pub league pool. He has his cutlery round the wrong way.

I am very clearly right-side dominant. I can't think of anything I do better with my left hand, other than operate the left side of the keyboard. I even wear a watch on my right wrist as it just feels wrong on the left.
                    Oh.. me too with the watch thing which means I don't wear a watch as I gets in the way when I'm doing DIY and writing etc.. It just feels horrible on my left and as much as I try I can't used to it on my left. That said I'm also one of those weird people that, when I used to wear a watch, had it under my wrist not top. Christ knows how I got in to that habit.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      Racism or at least handism. 7 day ban, please mods. (well the decent ones anyway).

qh
                      Oh. Do we have any of those?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X