• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for Mordac

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for Mordac

“ Making masks compulsory seems to have persuaded millions more to wear them. Figures from the Office for National Statistics showed that 96 per cent of people in England said they had used a face covering last week, up from 28 per cent at the end of May.

Police across England have stepped up patrols to halt illegal parties, with 125 shut down last weekend in the West Midlands alone. Priti Patel, the home secretary, said that she did not want Britain’s progress “undermined by a small minority of senseless individuals”.”

Wear facemask or you could be fined GBP3,200, public warned | News | The Times

Oh wow, didn’t you say it was not possible, unenforceable etc - so don’t even try doing it?

Coming soon -

“ Flare-ups from Australia to Japan show the world hasn’t learned an early lesson from the coronavirus crisis: to stop the spread, those with mild or symptom-free coronavirus infections must be forced to isolate, both from their communities and family.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...&sref=o1Dqf087

Mordac: “It’s illegal, unenforceable blah blah blah”

Murdering people with what effectively is bio-weapon is also illegal, for some odd reason!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      “ Making masks compulsory seems to have persuaded millions more to wear them. Figures from the Office for National Statistics showed that 96 per cent of people in England said they had used a face covering last week, up from 28 per cent at the end of May.

Police across England have stepped up patrols to halt illegal parties, with 125 shut down last weekend in the West Midlands alone. Priti Patel, the home secretary, said that she did not want Britain’s progress “undermined by a small minority of senseless individuals”.”

Wear facemask or you could be fined GBP3,200, public warned | News | The Times

Oh wow, didn’t you say it was not possible, unenforceable etc - so don’t even try doing it?
      I double-bluffed 'em, and it worked...

There's no way the figure of 96% is accurate, round my way hardly any youths are wearing them in shops, and nobody is enforcing it, except for some silent middle-class tutting. God, I sound old...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I double-bluffed 'em, and it worked...

There's no way the figure of 96% is accurate, round my way hardly any youths are wearing them in shops, and nobody is enforcing it, except for some silent middle-class tutting. God, I sound old...

Was out yesterday Asda (Hobgoblin 500ml currently £1 each and rather nice Jamaican patties) & Sainsburys.

Mask wearing was nowhere near 95% plenty of scroates without or taking it off in the shop, did seem higher in Sainsburys.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Was out yesterday Asda (Hobgoblin 500ml currently £1 each and rather nice Jamaican patties) & Sainsburys.

Mask wearing was nowhere near 95% plenty of scroates without or taking it off in the shop, did seem higher in Sainsburys.
          Try Waitrose, the one near me has put a couple of well-built chaps from the warehouse on the doors. Compliance is 100%.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Try Waitrose, the one near me has put a couple of well-built chaps from the warehouse on the doors. Compliance is 100%.

ASDA used to have someone on the door.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

100%? I wonder how they manage exempt people, or do they just shame them away?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I suspect the 100% compliance was a point in time assessment at the time of visit, not full coverage of the operation all day every day.

Comment

Some exempt people aren't going out.

Others are walking around with lanyards saying they have conditions.

Others clearly don't give a f***.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I can't comment; I didn't see anyone not wearing a mask, nor did I see anyone produce a doctors certificate and get turned away. I was only in there about half an hour though. There's a Sainsburys, M&S and Aldi very close by, so there's plenty of choice if you don't fancy dealing with 'security'.

Comment

Working...
                    X